Scipio Township, Meigs County, Ohio
|Scipio Township, Ohio|
|• Total||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Land||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||846 ft (258 m)|
|• Density||28.0/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086618|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Alexander Township, Athens County - north
- Lodi Township, Athens County - northeast corner
- Bedford Township - east
- Salisbury Township - southeast corner
- Rutland Township - south
- Salem Township - southwest corner
- Columbia Township - west
- Lee Township, Athens County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Scipio Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Scipio Township is located in Seneca County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Meigs County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.