|Directed by||Peque Gallaga|
|Produced by||Lily Y. Monteverde|
|Written by||T.E. Pagaspas
Anna Marie Gutierrez
|Music by||Jaime Fabregas|
|Edited by||Jess Navarro|
|Language||Tagalog / Filipino|
Scorpio Nights s a film released in 1985 and is directed by renowned director Peque Gallaga. It is about a love triangle between a young man with a married woman who first got tangled because of their uncontrolled urge to make love. The release of the film became very controversial but played a key role in defining the Filipino erotic films during its decade.
the story of a forbidden love affair between a college student (Daniel Fernando) and an unfaithful housewife (Ana Marie Gutierrez).
The film happened in a shabby apartment where a student resides just above the room of a security guard and his wife. Every day, the husband goes home, eats his dinner, washes the dishes, goes straight to bed and makes love with his wife. The student plays peeping tom to the two and every night looks through a hole in his floorboard. Not able to control his urges, he goes to the room of the wife where he does the same things that the girl's husband does to her with no resistance. The two perform the act repeatedly until they fall in love with each other. The security guard husband finds out that his wife is cheating on her when one day he walks in on them while having sex and shoots both. He then shoots himself after. The film is considered one of the most controversial and important films during its time. Not only is the movie provocative but it is also commended for its social relevance. It portrayed the chaotic economy of that year when Ninoy Aquino's assassination was still very much talked about, towards the beginning of the end of the Marcos regime.
Korean film Summertime (2001 film) is based on this movie.
An unrelated sequel, Scorpio Nights 2, was made in 1999, produced by Gallaga and directed by Erik Matti. It starred Albert Martinez and Joyce Jimenez the film was also the latest installment after 15 years the film was produced by Viva Films.
- Orestes Ojeda ... Security Guard
- Anna Marie Gutierrez ... Security Guard's Wife
- Daniel Fernando ... Danny
- Eugene Enriquez ... Genio
- Amanda Amores ... Fely
- Mike Austria ... Mike
- Crispin Medina ... Pen (Barkada)
- Caloy Balasbas ... Tambay (Guitarist- Singer)
- Archie Macababbad ... Chibog
- Arlene Libo-on ... Lanie
- Jhoe Mark Asaytuno ... Taga timpla ng kape
- Paulo Nino Esteban ... Taga Paypay
- Rosauro Q.Dela Cruz ... Barkada
- Lorenzo A. Reyes ... Barkada
- Rafael Salonga ... Barkada
- Madeleine Gallaga ... Fely's Mother
- Peque Gallaga ... Fely's Father
- Holiday ... Bee Gees
- The Boxer ... Simon and Garfunkel
- I Started A Joke ... Bee Gees
- Boys Do Fall In Love ... Robin Gibb
- Skyline Pigeon ... Elton John
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|