Scotland national football team roll of honour
The Scotland national football team roll of honour is a list set up by the Scottish Football Association which recognises players who have gained 50 or more international caps for Scotland. There are currently 28 players on the roll of honour, with Gary Caldwell the most recent addition. He made his 50th appearance for Scotland on 8 September 2012, when the team played Serbia.
The roll of honour was launched in February 1988, when 11 players had already achieved the distinction. Each player inducted receives a commemorative gold medal, an invitation to every Scotland home match and has their portrait hung in the Scottish Football Museum.
Players on the roll of honour
- As of 22:42, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
|Rank||Player||Clubs[note 1]||Scotland career||Year entered||Caps|
|1||Kenny Dalglish||Celtic, Liverpool||1971–1986||1977||102|
|2||Jim Leighton||Aberdeen, Manchester United, Hibernian||1982–1998||1989||91|
|5||Tom Boyd||Motherwell, Chelsea, Celtic||1990–2001||1997||72|
|6||Kenny Miller[note 2]||Rangers, Wolves, Celtic, Derby County, Bursaspor, Cardiff City,
|David Weir||Heart of Midlothian, Everton, Rangers||1998–2010||2006|
|8||Christian Dailly||Blackburn Rovers, Derby County, West Ham United, Rangers||1997–2008||2003||67|
|Darren Fletcher[note 2]||Manchester United, West Bromwich Albion||2003–||2010|
|12||Richard Gough||Dundee United, Tottenham Hotspur, Rangers||1983–1993||1990||61|
|Ally McCoist||Rangers, Kilmarnock||1985–1998||1996|
|14||John Collins||Hibernian, Celtic, Monaco, Everton||1988–1999||1998||58|
|15||Roy Aitken||Celtic, St. Mirren||1979–1991||1989||57|
|Gary McAllister||Leicester City, Leeds United, Coventry City||1990–1999||1997|
|17||Gary Caldwell||Newcastle United, Hibernian, Celtic, Wigan Athletic||2002–2013||2012||55|
|Denis Law||Huddersfield Town, Manchester City, Torino, Manchester United||1958–1974||1973|
|Maurice Malpas||Dundee United||1984–1992||1992|
|20||Billy Bremner||Leeds United||1965–1975||1974||54|
|Graeme Souness||Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Sampdoria, Rangers||1974–1986||1985|
|23||Kevin Gallacher||Dundee United, Coventry City, Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United||1988–2001||2000||53|
|Alan Rough||Partick Thistle, Hibernian||1976–1986||1982|
|25||Joe Jordan||Leeds United, Manchester United, Milan||1973–1982||1982||52|
|26||Colin Hendry||Blackburn Rovers, Rangers, Coventry City, Bolton Wanderers||1993–2001||2001||51|
|27||Asa Hartford||West Bromwich Albion, Manchester City, Everton||1972–1982||1982||50|
|Gordon Strachan||Aberdeen, Manchester United, Leeds United||1980–1992||1992|
- List of Scotland international footballers (1–4 caps)
- List of Scotland international footballers (5–24 caps)
- List of Scotland international footballers (25+ caps)
- Only clubs the players were with when they received full international caps are included.
- Player is still currently playing professional football.
- "International Roll of Honour". Scottish Football Association. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Murray, Ewan (8 February 2011). "Kenny Miller to captain Scotland against Northern Ireland". The Guardian (Guardian News and Media Limited). Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Broadfoot, Darryl (6 September 2006). "Survivor demands a final chance". The Herald (Herald & Times Group). Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Buckland, Simon (16 November 2003). "Dashing Dailly is unlucky at cards". The Sunday Times (News International). Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Cully, Ronnie (8 September 2010). "Darren Fletcher: It’s not how I wanted 50th cap to go ... but win is all that counts". Evening Times (Newsquest). Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Scotland: Gary Caldwell eyes pain-free 50th cap". BBC Sport (BBC). 7 September 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.