|Full name||Scott Bain|
|Date of birth||22 November 1991|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2010–2011||→ Elgin City (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:30, 10 November 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Bain began his footballing career at Aberdeen's Academy, and was loaned to Elgin City shortly after being promoted to the first team squad. He made his senior debut on 21 August 2010, in a 0–2 home loss against East Stirlingshire.
After being released by Aberdeen in May 2011, Bain signed a one-year deal with Scottish Third Division side Alloa Athletic on 9 June. He established himself as a first-team regular, being promoted twice in his first two seasons at the club.
On 29 May 2014, Bain signed a three-year deal with Dundee. He made his debut for Dundee on 26 August 2014, in a 4–0 win against Raith Rovers in the Scottish League Cup. Bain made a first league appearance for Dundee in October 2014, when Kyle Letheren was injured during a pre-match exercise.
- Scott Bain moves to Elgin; Aberdeen FC, 17 August 2010
- Elgin City 0–2 East Stirlingshire; SPFL, 21 August 2010
- Hartley signs ex-Aberdeen FC player Bain for Alloa; Evening Express, 9 June 2011
- Dundee snap up Kevin Thomson and Scott Bain with both players to be unveiled at Dens Park on Friday; Daily Record, 29 May 2014
- Christie, James (26 August 2014). "DUNDEE VS RAITH ROVERS". Dundee F.C. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Dundee: Kyle Letheren injury blow triggers goalkeeper search, BBC Sport