|Born||January 11, 1954
Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
|Died||October 24, 2003
|Spouse(s)||Rebecca Hayford Bauer|
Scott George Bauer (January 11, 1954 – October 24, 2003) was the senior pastor of The Church On the Way (from late 1999 until his sudden death in 2003). He also served as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the King’s College and Seminary and as the supervisor the Los Angeles North Valley District of Foursquare Churches. On weekdays, he was known for his messages that aired on the KTLW radio program titled Life on the Way. Before his death, Scott Bauer had finished writing his first book, The New Church On The Way. He helped in the founding the now defunct Los Angeles Community Builders Inc. which battled against neighborhood deterioration and juvenile delinquency. He is credited with assisting in the founding of the Israel-Christian Nexus with his “encouragement” and “guidance”.  Among Southern California clergy, he was known for bringing Jewish and Christian leaders together.
Scott Bauer was born in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, in 1954 to Bill and Dolores Bauer. Scott Bauer was an associate pastor of the Church On The Way from 1982 to the time when he was named by his father-in-law, church founder, Jack Hayford, as his church’s senior pastor in 1999, upon Hayford's retirement. Under his senior pastoral leadership, Jim Tolle was named as the pastor of La Iglesia En El Camino, the Spanish expression of the church and a theater complex was purchased in Santa Clarita, California which was renovated into a church, The Church On The Way-Santa Clarita, now pastored by Doug Andersen and Jack Hayford's daughter Christa.
Bauer married Rebecca Hayford, a daughter of Church On The Way founder Jack Hayford. Together they had three children (Brian, Kyle, and Lindsey). Bauer's widow, Rebecca Hayford Bauer is a Gold Medallion author who has authored books such as The Spirit Filled Family, Seasons of Praise: A 52 Week worship Celebration for the Entire Family, and Just 25 Days 'Til Christmas. Rebecca Hayford Bauer was married to Scott Bauer for 27 years at the time of his sudden death. Their son, Brian is an assistant pastor at the Church On The Way-Santa Clarita, their second son Kyle is a missionary in Mexico, and their daughter Lindsey is a church planter in Sacramento. In 2008, Rebecca resigned her staff position at The Church on the Way to pursue teaching and writing.
At the conclusion of a “Church Alive!” prayer meeting and worship service on the evening of Wednesday, October 22, 2003, Scott Bauer suffered the hemorrhage of a brain aneurysm, causing him to lapse into a coma. He died two days later, on October 24, 2003 in the Northridge Hospital in Northridge, California,at the age of 49.
On October 29, 2003, a funeral service was conducted at the Church On the Way’s East Campus Sanctuary (The "Living Room") with over 6,000 people in attendance. Rabbi Steven Jacobs, personal friend of Scott Bauer, from Kol Tikvah Congregation in Woodland Hills was among the mourners, and spoke on behalf of the Jewish community. Jack Hayford temporarily took the place of his son-in-law Bauer, returning to the pulpit for a year, then in 2004, Bauer's longtime friend and associate, Jim Tolle and his wife Alice were installed as the new senior pastors. They served until their resignation in November 2010.
He is interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills).
- "Scott Bauer, 49; Pastor Led Church on the Way in Van Nuys". Los Angeles Times. October 29, 2003. Retrieved December 31, 2008.
- Erem, Shimon (December 4, 2003). "Pastor Scott Bauer:Friend of the Jewish Community, Dies at 49". Jewish Journal. Retrieved January 1, 2009.
- "Senior Pastor of The Church on the Way Dies". Charisma. November 30, 2003. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- Raisin, Amy (March 19, 2003). "Ex-Theater Hosts Church Services". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- (July 15, 2004) "Holiday Gift Book Awakens Fun, Faith and Family Tradition ". Strang Communications. 2008-12-31 http://www.strang.com/newsmore.php?article=21.
- "Rebecca Bauer". The Church On The Way. 2009-01-01 http://www.tcotw.org/bios/display.sd?iid=8&loc=show.
- "Leadership:Worship Life: Pastor Brian and Melissa Bauer". The Church On The Way Santa Clarita. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- The Church On The Way Official Website of the Church On The Way
- Cleansing Stream Ministries Discipleship Seminar Teacher
- Los Angeles Community Builders Inc. Official Website
- Israel-Christian Nexus Israel-Christian Nexus Official Website
- "Pastor Puts Energy Into Mentors" Article by the Los Angeles Times
- Scott Bauer Pastor Dudley Rutherford, from Shepherd of the Hills, talking about Scott Bauer in his blogspot
- Scott Bauer at Find a Grave