|Occupation||Bellator MMA President|
|Known for||Strikeforce Founder and CEO|
Scott Coker is an Ernie Reyes protégé and full-contact fight promoter covering Kickboxing, K-1, and MMA. Coker has obtained a 5th degree black belt in Taekwondo under Reyes and was an original member of the West Coast Demonstration Team. In 1986, Scott Coker became one of the first directors of ISKA.
Mixed martial arts
Coker founded Strikeforce in 1985 as a kickboxing organization.
The promotion held its first MMA event, Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Gracie, on March 10, 2006, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. Over the next five years, Coker built the brand into the number two mixed martial arts promotion in the United States, partnering with both Showtime and CBS to televise their events.
- "About ISKA curtain". www.iska.org.uk.
- "Scott Coker the man behind Strikeforce's curtain". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- Sherdog.com. "Sherdog Fight Finder". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Zuffa purchases Strikeforce". mmafighting.com. 2011-03-12.
- "With Zuffa contract complete, former Strikeforce boss plans to travel, not promote". mmajunkie.com. 2014-04-23.
- "Former Strikeforce head Scott Coker named Bellator MMA president". mmajunkie.com. 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to American martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|