Scott D. Anthony
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2013)|
|Scott D. Anthony|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College (BA), Harvard University (MBA)|
|Occupation||Author and Managing Director, Innosight|
Scott D. Anthony is an author and managing partner of consulting firm Innosight.
Anthony has advised senior leaders in organizations like Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, General Electric, LG, Credit Suisse, Cisco Systems, Ayala Group, and the Singapore Economic Development Board. Anthony leads Innosight's venture-capital investing activities (Innosight Ventures). He also chairs the investment committee for IDEAS Ventures, a SGD 10 million fund Innosight runs in conjunction with the Singapore government. In 2009, he joined the Board of Directors of Media General.
Anthony has written extensively about a number of innovation topics including disruptive innovation and business model innovation. His passion is in enabling innovators around the world to realize their untapped potential. He is the author of Harvard Business Review article "The New Corporate Garage," and co-author of the Harvard Business Review article "How P&G Tripled Its Innovation Success Rate" with Bruce Brown, P&G chief technology officer. He is also the author of The Little Black Book of Innovation, published by Harvard Business Press in January 2012 and author of The Silver Lining, published by Harvard Business Press in June 2009. He co-authored Seeing What's Next with Harvard Business School Professor and Innosight cofounder Clayton M. Christensen and was the lead author of The Innovator's Guide to Growth. He has written articles for publications such as Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, BusinessWeek, Forbes, Sloan Management Review, Advertising Age, Marketing Management and Chief Executive, and serves as a judge in the Wall Street Journal's Innovation Awards. He has appeared on Good Morning America, CNBC, and FOX Business. He also has a regular column at Harvard Business Online.
He is based in Innosight's Singapore office.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Eyring, Matt; Gibson, Lib (May 2006), "Mapping Your Innovation Strategy", Harvard Business Review.
- Christensen, Clayton M.; Anthony, Scott D.; Berstell, Gerald; Nitterhouse, Denise (April 2007), "Finding the Right Job For Your Product", MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Johnson, Mark W.; Sinfield, Joseph V. (January 2008), "Institutionalizing Innovation", MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Brown, Bruce (June 2011), "How P&G Tripled Its Innovation Success Rate", Harvard Business Review.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Christensen, Clayton M. (December 2011), "The Empire Strikes Back", MIT Technology Review.
- Anthony, Scott D. (September 2012), "The New Corporate Garage", Harvard Business Review.
- Christensen, Clayton M.; Anthony, Scott D.; Roth, Erik A. (2004), Seeing What's Next: Using the Theories of Innovation to Predict Industry Change, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard Business School Press, ISBN 1591391857.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Johnson, Mark W.; Sinfield, Joseph V.; Altman, Elizabeth J. (2008), The Innovator's Guide to Growth: Putting Disruptive Innovation to Work, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard Business School Press, ISBN 1591398460.
- Anthony, Scott D. (2009), The Silver Lining: An Innovation Playbook for Uncertain Times, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard Business School Press, ISBN 1422139018.
- Anthony, Scott D. (2011), The Little Black Book of Innovation: How It Works, How to Do It, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard Business School Press, ISBN 978-0-07-159208-6.
- Anthony, Scott D.; Duncan, David S. (2012), Building a Growth Factory, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard Business School Press, ASIN B00A102LRE.
- Kwoh, Leslie "Can Big Companies Be Truly Innovative?", Wall Street Journal, Aug. 17, 2012
- Chakraborty, Alokananda "Leaders just don't have the luxury of spending months of analysis before making decisions: Scott D Anthony", Business Standard, Mar. 5, 2012
- Kanani, Rahim "'Business Model Innovation is the Fastest Path to Greatness'", Forbes, Oct. 4, 2012
- Leger, John M. "2012 Technology Innovation Awards", Wall Street Journal, Oct. 16, 2012
- Leger, John M. "2011 Technology Innovation Awards", Wall Street Journal, Oct. 16, 2011
- Berryman, Kim; Leamy, Elizabeth "Consumers Cash In: Companies Create Cheaper Versions of Products", Good Morning America, Jan. 20, 2010
- "Innovation In A Recession", FOX Business, May 6, 2012
- "The Forum for Growth and Innovation", Harvard Business School, Nov 7, 2012