Scott Davis (businessman)
Davis has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Portland State University and is a Certified Public Accountant. After graduating from college in 1974, he first worked for accounting firm Arthur Andersen. A native of Medford, Oregon, Davis joined UPS in 1986 when the company acquired II Morrow, an Oregon technology company.
Davis completed a term as chairman of the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in 2009. He is also on the Board of Honeywell International, Inc., and in 2010, joined the President's Export Council, the principal national advisory committee on international trade
While CEO of UPS in 2008, D. Scott Davis earned a total compensation of $5,168,664, which included a base salary of $960,000, a cash bonus of $176,944, stocks granted of $3,564,087, options granted of $437,619, and other compensation of $30,014.
- Keeton, Ann (October 16, 2007). "UPS Appoints Davis as CEO. Financial Chief To Succeed Eskew; Task of U.S. Growth". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- "Biography of D. Scott Davis". United Parcel Service. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Gunderson, Laura (June 11, 2011). "Q&A with United Parcel Service boss Scott Davis, a Portland State University graduate". The Oregonian. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Davis, D. Scott Brief Biography, www.reuters.com
- 2008 CEO Compensation for D. Scott Davis, Equilar.com