|Alma mater||California State University, East Bay|
|Title||Chairman of the Board of Directors of Juniper Networks,
Former CEO, Juniper Networks.
|Term||October 1996 - September 2008|
Early life and education
Kriens received his bachelor's degree (B.A.) in economics from California State University, East Bay in Hayward, CA in 1979. As an undergraduate, Kriens fixed cars to meet expenses. Now he collects European sports cars. 
Initially, Kriens served marketing stints with Burroughs, which merged with Sperry in 1986 to form Unisys and Tandem, now part of Compaq Computer, before getting the entrepreneurial bug at Stratacom. From April 1986 to January 1996, Kriens served as Vice President of Sales and Vice President of Operations at StrataCom, Inc., a telecommunications equipment company, which he co-founded in 1986. He was there for ten years until 1996, when Stratacom was sold for $4.5 billion to Cisco.
After the company was sold, Kriens took time off to build a house and have a child. Then Crosspoint Venture Partners recruited Kriens to take the reins at Juniper. In October 1996, he moved as the CEO of Juniper Networks and continued in the top post until September 2008. Much of Juniper's market success is credited to Kriens as the CEO. Juniper's stock defied market rising from $57 at the start of 2000 to an all-time high of $243 in mid-October in 2000. When Kevin Johnson joined as the CEO in Juniper, Kriens remained as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the company and stays involved in setting the company's long-term strategy.
- "Scott G. Kriens". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Top Tech Execs: Scott Kriens". Forbes.com. 12.08.00. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "THE TOP 25 MANAGERS -- MANAGERS TO WATCH : Scott Kriens, Juniper Networks". Business Week. January 8, 2001. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "JUNIPER NETWORKS On the record: Scott Kriens and Pradeep Sindhu". SFgate.com. March 14, 2004. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Scott Kriens". Eweek.com. 2001-02-05. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Juniper Networks reports 40% profit rise Analysts upgrade networking firm's stock following sharp sell-off". Market Watch. July 25, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "CEO Pay :Scott Kriens". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "#478 Scott Kriens". Forbes.com. 05.03.07. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "#454 Scott G Kriens". Forbes.com. 2008-04-30. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|