Scott Maine with the Cubs in 2010.
February 2, 1985 |
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|August 27, 2010 for the Chicago Cubs|
(through 2012 season)
|Earned run average||5.59|
Scott Maine (born February 2, 1985) is a professional baseball relief pitcher who is currently with the Cincinnati Reds organization. He played in Major League Baseball with the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians from 2010-2012.
Maine was born and raised in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, where he attended William T. Dwyer High School. He then went on to play for the University of Miami. In 2006 he played for the Brewster Whitecaps of the Cape Cod League.
He was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the sixth round of the 2007 MLB Draft, and signed. Maine played in 8 games for Short-Season Yakima in 2007, going 1-0 with a 6.10 ERA and 1 save, striking out 20 in 10.1 innings. Maine played 2008 with the A-Advanced Visalia Oaks, where in 32 games, he went 3-2 with a 3.19 ERA and 5 saves, striking out 53 in 48 innings. Maine played the 2009 season with Double-A Mobile until he was promoted to Triple-A Reno for the last month of the minor league season. In 48 total games, he went 4-5 with a 2.90 ERA and 7 saves, striking out 61 in 62 innings. Following the 2009 season, Maine was traded by the Diamondbacks with Ryne White to the Chicago Cubs for Aaron Heilman. He also played for the Scottsdale Scorpions of the Arizona Fall League.
Maine was added to the Cubs roster and promoted on August 27, 2010, and made his MLB debut the same day. He split 2010, 2011 and 2012 with the Cubs and Triple-A Iowa. In 3 seasons with the pro team, Maine had a 4.87 ERA in 41 games while striking out 42 in 40.2 innings.
Maine was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Indians on August 29, 2012, and made his debut with the team on September 8. In 9 games with the Indians, Maine had a 10.50 ERA while striking out 6 in 6 innings.
Toronto Blue Jays
On November 14, 2012, Maine was claimed off waivers by the Miami Marlins. He began the year with Triple-A New Orleans, but was released on July 20 after throwing 20 games in the Marlins organization, 9 of them on a rehab assignment with the GCL Marlins. In those 20 games, he had a 4.19 ERA with 3 saves, striking out 26 in 19.1 innings.
On June 30, 2014 Maine inked a minor league deal with the Cincinnati Reds.
- "Scott Maine Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- Eddy, Matt (27 August 2010). "Minor League Transactions:Aug. 19–25 (2010)". Baseballamerica.com. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- Hoynes, Paul (9 September 2012). "Lonnie Chisenhall hopes to provide some punch at third". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH: Advance Media). Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Scott Maine Stats, Video Highlights, Photos and Bio". Mlb.com. Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Blue Jays claim Scott Maine". MLB.com. October 31, 2012. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- Axisa, Mike (November 8, 2012). "Blue Jays Designate Scott Maine For Assignment". MLB Trade Rumors.
- Somers, Aaron (November 14, 2012). "Marlins Claim Scott Maine from Toronto". Retrieved November 14, 2012.