|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||Scott Chapman Plank
November 11, 1958
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Died||October 24, 2002
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Life and acting career
Scott Plank was born in Washington, D.C..
Plank's last feature film was the movie Holes (2003) starring Sigourney Weaver and Jon Voight, in which he had the supporting role of Trout Walker. In addition he appeared in The Flying Dutchman in 2001, which co-starred Rod Steiger, Saints and Sinners in 1994, The In Crowd in 1988, Panama zucchero in 1990, which co-starred Oliver Reed, and finally Without Evidence (1995), which co-starred Angelina Jolie.
Plank had an extensive theatre background that spans from Broadway to Regional theatre in Los Angeles. He was in the original cast of Dream Girls on Broadway and toured for many years with A Chorus Line in which he played various roles. Regional theatre roles include Hurly Burly co-starring alongside Sean Penn, and a one act play Kindness of Women, written and directed by Sean Penn.
- Member of the original Broadway cast of the 1981 musical Dreamgirls portraying a member of 'The James Early Band'.
- Theater Broadway, Chorus Line Shubert Theater
- The Kindness of Women Writer/Director: Sean Penn
- G.R. Point Director: Howard Fine/ Callboard Theater
- Theater Regional LA, Hurly Burly, Writer-Director: David Rabe/ Westwoodplayhouse
- Theatre, The Fool at the Met Theatre. Director: James Gammon.
- Appeared in Shania Twain's "Dance with the one that brought you", Director: Sean Penn.
- A Chorus Line (1985) - Dancer
- Miami Vice (1984–1989) (TV series) - Detective Glen McIntyre (Red Tape)
- The In Crowd (1988) - Dugan
- L.A. Takedown (1989) - Vincent Hanna
- Wired (1989) - Herb Axelson
- Panama Sugar (1990) - Panama
- Pastime (1991) - Randy Keever
- Mr. Baseball (1992) - Ryan Ward
- Saints and Sinners (1994) - Big Boy
- Without Evidence (1995) - Kevin Francke
- Marshal Law (1996) - Randall Nelson
- American Strays (1996) - Sonny
- Co-ed Call Girl (1996) - Ron Tamblin
- Moonbase (1997) - John Russell
- Holes (2003) - Charles "Trout" Walker
- The Division (2001–2003) (TV series) - John Exstead, Jr. (6 episodes)
- Baywatch (2000–2001) (TV series) - Samuel "Sam" Parks (4 episodes)
- Melrose Place (1997–1998) (TV series) - Nick Reardon (12 episodes)
- Scott Plank at the Internet Movie Database
- Scott Plank at the Notable Names Database
- "Scott Plank". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2008-01-28.