|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2013)|
Scott W. Ambler (1966) is a Canadian software engineer, consultant and author, currently Senior Consulting Partner at Scott Ambler + Associates. He is a well-known author of numerous books focused on the Disciplined Agile Delivery process decision framework, the Unified process, Agile software development, the Unified Modeling Language, and CMM-based development.
Ambler received a BSc in computer science and a MA in information science from the University of Toronto. He has been working in the IT industry since the mid-1980s, and with object technology since the early 1990s. Since 1990 he has worked with OO technology in various roles: Business Architect, System Analyst, System Designer, Project Manager, Smalltalk programmer, Java programmer, and C++ programmer. Further he led the development of several software processes, including Agile Modeling (AM), Agile Data (AD), Enterprise Unified Process (EUP), and Agile Unified Process (AUP) methodologies.
He is speaker at a wide variety of practitioner, academic, and private conferences world wide, such as conferences on Software Development, Agile Universe, UML World, JavaOne, BorCon, Comdex; Application Development conferences including OOPSLA, EuroSPI, CAiSE; and conferences held by large, Fortune 500 companies for their managers and IT staff.
Ambler has developed the Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) decision process framework, the Enterprise Unified Process (an extension of the Rational Unified Process), and Agile Modeling.
- 1995. The object primer: the application developer’s guide to object-orientation. SIGS Books. ISBN 1-884842-17-8
- 1998. Process patterns: building large-scale systems using object technology. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-64568-9
- 2002. Agile Modeling: Effective Practices for EXtreme Programming and the Unified Process. J. Wiley. ISBN 0-471-20282-7.
- 2002. The Unified Process Transition and Production Phases with Larry Constantine. CMP Books, Lawrence 2002. ISBN 1-57820-092-X.
- 2003. The Practical Guide to Enterprise Architecture with James McGovern, Mike Stevens, James Linn, Vikas Sharan, and Elias Jo. Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-141275-2
- 2003. Agile database techniques: effective strategies for the agile software developer. Wiley Publishing. ISBN 0-471-20283-5
- 2004. The Object Primer: Agile Model Driven Development with UML 2. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-54018-6
- 2005. Enterprise Unified Process: Extending the Rational Unified Process. Prentice Hall PTR. ISBN 0-13-191451-0.
- 2006. Refactoring Databases: Evolutionary Database Design with Pramod J. Sadalage. Addison Wesley Professional. ISBN 0-321-29353-3
- 2012. Disciplined Agile Delivery: A Practitioner's Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise with Mark Lines. IBM Press. ISBN 978-0132810135
- Scott W. Ambler's Home Page
- Scott W. Ambler (1998). An Introduction to Process Patterns. An AmbySoft Inc. White Paper.
- Dr. Dobb's Journal
- Speaking Engagements. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- My Books at ambysoft.com. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- Scott Ambler's Articles and Other Writings. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Scott Ambler|