Scott William Carter
|Scott William Carter|
|Occupation||Novelist, short-story writer|
Carter attended the University of Oregon, graduating in 1994 with a Bachelor's of Arts in English. Currently living in Oregon, he is married and is a father of two children, a daughter and a son.
He won the 2011 Oregon Book Award for Young Adult Literature for his novel, The Last Great Getaway of the Water Balloon Boys. He is also the author of the highly acclaimed Garrison Gage mystery series, among other books.
Novels (Garrison Gage Series)
- The Gray and Guilty Sea (2010)
- A Desperate Place for Dying (2012)
- The Lovely Wicked Rain (2014)
Novels (Myron Vale Series)
- Ghost Detective (2013)
- The Last Great Getaway of the Water Balloon Boys (2010)
- President Jock, Vice President Geek (2011)
- Drawing a Dark Way: A Fantasy Adventure (2011)
- A Tale of Two Giants (2011)
- The Care and Feeding of Rubber Chickens (2011)
- Wooden Bones (2012)
Short Story Collections
- The Dinosaur Diaries and Other Tales Across Space and Time (2010)
- A Web of Black Widows (2010)
- The Man Who Made No Mistakes (2013)
Short Stories (Incomplete)
- "The Liberators", Analog Science Fiction and Fact (2004) Vol. 124, No. 4.
- "A Christmas in Amber", Analog Science Fiction and Fact (2005) Vol. 125, No. 12.
- "Father Hagerman's Dog", Analog Science Fiction and Fact (2007) Vol. 127, No 6.
- "The Bear Who Sang Opera", Analog Science Fiction and Fact (2009) Vol. 129, No. 7 & 8.
- "The Android Who Became a Human Who Became an Android", Analog Science Fiction and Fact (2010) Vol. 130, No. 7 & 8.
- "A Witness to All That Was". Analog 131 (7&8): 88–96. Jul–Aug 2011.