Scott Wilson (footballer born 1977)
|Full name||Scott Wilson|
|Date of birth||19 March 1977|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|North Queensland Fury|
|2002||→ Portsmouth (loan)||5||(0)|
|2009–2010||North Queensland Fury||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:47, 13 August 2009 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Wilson signed for Rangers in 1993 from the club's youth system. He made his debut as a 19 year old in a UEFA Champions League defeat against Ajax at Ibrox in 1996. He made a further 77 appearances at Rangers, scoring 1 goal against Dundee United, before moving to Portsmouth on loan near the end of the 2001–02 season. He played five times during this loan spell, but did not do enough to earn a permanent contract and returned to Scotland.
Wilson has stood out as a consistent performer for Dunfermline and has been involved with the Scotland Future squad on several occasions, adding to the five Scotland under–21 caps gained during his spell at Ibrox Stadium.
- "Dundee United 1 Rangers 2". Sporting Life. 30 December 1998. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Wilson heads to Portsmouth". BBC Sport. 28 March 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Pars sign Wilson". BBC Sport. 5 August 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Rangers destroy Dunfermline". BBC Sport. 1 September 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Fury snap up Scots skipper". FourFourTwo. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- North Queensland Fury profile
- Scott Wilson career stats at Soccerbase
- Scotland U21 stats at Fitbastats
- Scotland B stats at Fitbastats
|Dunfermline Athletic captain
|This biographical article related to a defender from Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|