Scottish Women's Football League First Division Cup
The Scottish Women's Football League First Division Cup is a cup competition in Scottish women's football, a competition only open to teams in the First Division, the second highest division in Scottish women's football. There are four rounds, including the final.
The trophy was originally called the Scottish Women's League Cup. It was one of the three major honours in women's football in Scotland along with the Scottish League Championship and the Scottish Women's Cup. It was open to all teams that were members of the football league system in Scotland. This was until the creation of the Scottish Women's Premier League and with the Scottish Women's Premier League Cup in the summer of 2002.
The Premier League Cup was a competition exclusively for only teams that were a part of the Premier League. This meant that Scotland's top division already had its own League Cup competition, so the Scottish Women's League Cup was renamed the Scottish Women's Football League Cup. The cup was exclusively for First and Second Division teams (similar to men's Scottish Challenge Cup).
Since 2009, women's football in Scotland has adopted a summer season which now runs from March to November each year, which is now why the competition is played in a single calendar year.
List of winners
Winners so far are:
Scottish Women's League Cup (until 2002)
The league cup was probbaly started in the 1970s. Edinburgh Dynamo LFC have won it seven consecutive times.
|1996||Cumbernauld United||Clyde||6–0 or 6–1|
Scottish Women's Football League Cup (2002 - 2011)
|2004/05||Forfar Farmington Ladies||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||2–1 a.e.t.|
|2005/06||Lochee United LFC||Arthurlie LFC||4–2|
|2006/07||Inverness Ladies||Vale of Clyde Ladies||3–0|
|2007/08||Dundee United||Dalkeith Ladies FC||6–0|
|2010||Celtic Reserves||Hibernian 2000||2-0|
Scottish Women's Football League First Division Cup (2012 - )
|2012||Queen's Park||Paisley Saints||0–0 (3–2 pen)|
|2013||Inverness City||Dunfermilne Athletic||6–0|
- Scottish Women's Cup
- Scottish Women's Premier League Cup
- Scottish Women's Football League Second Division Cup
- Scottish Women's Football League 2nd Division Cup
- Leighton, Tony (19 December 2010). "England coach Hope Powell calls for women's game to switch to summer". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- "Cumber-mauled". thefreelibrary.com. 15 December 1997. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "United 5-0 Clyde". thefreelibrary.com. 30 November 1998. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Scotland (Women) Cup 2001/02". rsssf.com. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Honours for Ladies". clydefc.co.uk. 2004-04-27.
- 2010 Football League Cup Final
- 2012 Football League First Division Cup Final
- 2013 Football League First Division Cup Final
- 2014 Football League First Division Cup Final
|This article about a Scottish association football competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|