|Date of birth:||February 11, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Newport Beach, California|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 227|
Career NFL statistics as of 2011
Stats at NFL.com
Scotty McKnight (born February 11, 1988) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Colorado.
McKnight was born in Newport Beach, California. During his senior year at Tesoro High School, McKnight was nearly expelled after writing a journal entry for a class assignment that contained explicit death threats directed towards a teacher. McKnight did not deny the charges and conceded the entry was a lapse in judgement but, he did state that the matter was a misunderstanding. McKnight was suspended by the school while an investigation was conducted and he missed the football team's final eight games of the season. His mother, Cathy, appeared as a contestant on the Food Network's Chopped.
McKnight was a walk-on at the University of Colorado. He finished his career there with the school's all-time records for receiving touchdowns and receptions. He finished with 215 catches, 2,521 yards, and 22 receiving touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 11 in||182 lb||4.50 s||1.57 s||2.59 s||4.07 s||6.68 s||34 in||10 ft 8 in||13 reps||N/A|
|All values from Pro Day workout.|
New York Jets
McKnight was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. McKnight joins best friend Mark Sanchez, whom McKnight has known since he was eight years old. McKnight signed a four-year contract on July 29, 2011. He was waived on September 2. McKnight was signed to the team's practice squad on September 20. He was placed on the practice squad injured reserve list after suffering a torn ACL on November 1, 2011.
- Cannizzaro, Mark (May 2, 2011). "Jets pick McKnight wrote threats to high school teacher". New York Post. Retrieved May 6, 2011.
- Cimini, Rich (April 30, 2011). "Rapid Reaction: Jets take WR McKnight". ESPN. Archived from the original on April 30, 2011. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "Scotty McKnight". NFL Draft Scout. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (July 29, 2011). "Jets sign rookies Bilal Powell, Greg McElroy, Scotty McKnight". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on August 4, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Mehta, Manish (September 3, 2011). "Jets trim roster to 53; make two trades". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on September 13, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (September 20, 2011). "Jets add WR Scotty McKnight, LB Matthias Berning to practice squad". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on September 20, 2011. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (November 1, 2011). "Jets place WR Scotty McKnight on practice squad IR with torn ACL". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on November 2, 2011. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (27 March 2012). "Jets re-sign WR Scotty McKnight". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- Jets Media Relations Department (6 August 2012). "WRs S.McKnight, D.Ganaway Waived". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.