List of Transformers comics characters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Scraplet)
This is a list of characters in the Transformers comics series.
- Walter Barnett - US government official and friend of the Autobots. Originally suspicious of the Autobots, Barnett became convinced they were friendly after seeing they chose not to fight back when attacked by humans. Barnett saved the lives of the Throttlebots by transferring their "brains" to toy cars before their bodies were destroyed.
- Berko - Originally a homeless man, abducted into the Cosmic Carnival. Eventually becomes the Cosmic Carnival's ringmaster.
- B'ghdad - Crime lord. He appears in a Matrix Quest story based on the film The Maltese Falcon.
- Big Top - Owner of the Cosmic Carnival.
- G. B. Blackrock - Millionaire and friend of the Autobots. Blackrock owns several companies, most prominently a chain of gas stations. He is a bit of a playboy and likes to flaunt his riches. Following an attack by the current Decepticon commander, Shockwave, at one of his seabound oil refineries, one of Blackrock's workers, Josie Beller, was crippled. Feeling responsible for her neurological injuries, Blackrock swore revenge on the Transformers by developing an anti-robot weapon. Later, though, Blackrock joins the Autobots. In the latter part of the series, Blackrock founded a team of human superheroes called the Neo-Knights. Blackrock himself does not have super powers, he simply acts as the team's manager.
- Carissa Carr - Science fiction film actress. Carr played the lead female character in a movie, where the Decepticon Pretender Skullgrin was chosen as the main villain. This led to an enormously successful movie career for Skullgrin, but it ended abruptly when Circuit Breaker discovered he was a robot and attacked him.
- Charlene - Woman who accidentally became Skids's friend.
- Jake Dalrymple - Short-tempered man.
- Death's Head - A robotic bounty hunter (or rather, as he calls himself, a "freelance peace-keeping agent").
- Miss Fatale - Resourceful female adventurer. She appears in a Matrix Quest story based on the film The Maltese Falcon.
- Charlie Fong - Scientist. Fong helped the Autobots Goldbug and Blaster survive an infection of Scraplets.
- Hook, Line and Sinker - Assassins created by Unicron. They originally were three minor criminals from the planet Ghennix. As Unicron devoured the planet, he reformatted the criminals into three powerful assassins to serve as Galvatron's assistants. However, Galvatron betrayed his master and killed Hook, Line and Sinker.
- Jake "Jackhammer" Jackson - Professional wrestler. He participated in a couple of wrestling matches against the Autobot Micromaster Roadhandler. His nickname comes from his use of a real jackhammer in the ring.
- J'Oh - Bartender. He serves as the bartender of the Central Space Station and is decidedly unfriendly to robots, whom he refuses to serve anything.
- Llyra - Lord Zarak's daughter. In love with Galen Kord, Llyra was torn between two devotions. Llyra was left heartbroken on Nebulos as both her father and her lover were forced to depart, having affiliated themselves with opposing sides.
- Mecannibals - A race of robots that eat other robots. These bright red, spherical robots live on a spaceship in orbit around the Central Space Station. The Autobot Sky Lynx was captured by them and about to be eaten, but he was rescued by the Pretenders Cloudburst and Landmine.
- The Mechanic - Notorious car thief. The Mechanic's criminal career underwent a huge improvement after he accidentally stole the Autobot Ratchet, who he thought was just a normal ambulance. This gave the Mechanic access to the Ark's technology, which he used to fit various weapons into stolen cars. His criminal career was finally put to an end by a co-operation with the Autobot Blaster and the local police.
- Neo-Knights - Team of four superheroes.
- Circuit Breaker (Josie Beller). Invented a kind of bodysuit with imbedded circuits that allowed her to move her body after a spinal cord injury, disrupt the circuits of electronic devices and Transformers, and fly.
- Dynamo (Hector Dialonzo). Can channel the force of the Earth itself and use it to his advantage.
- Rapture (Katrina Vesotzky). Can project images into a person's or other animal's or even a robot's mind, causing him/her to dream and forget the real situation.
- Thunderpunch (Lee Gruber). Has tremendous strength.
- "O" - Buster Witwicky's friend. "O", whose real name has not been mentioned, only appeared in the very early issues. He usually likes to hang out with Buster and his girlfriend Jessie.
- Roadjammers - Group of four vigilantes.
- Robot-Master - Comic book figure and actor.
- Rorza - Stunt driver. A very minor character, Rorza's only appearance was as a stunt driver in the Cosmic Carnival, where he tried to stop Sky Lynx and Berko from escaping.
- Cecilia Santiago - Talk show host. A fairly minor character, she presented a talk show where the Autobot Micromaster Roadhandler appeared as a guest during his career as a professional wrestler.
- Scraplets - Robotic parasites. Scraplets are semi-sentient robotic lifeforms, about five centimetres tall. Like the Transformers, they can transform between two modes: from various humanoid or animal modes to nuts or bolts. Scraplets feed on other robotic lifeforms, fastening themselves in the host robot's armour plating using some kind of corrosive agent. Using the raw materials of the host, a Scraplet can multiply itself, creating more Scraplets. The Scraplets' only weakness is water. When doused with water, a Scraplet loosens its grip on the host, allowing it to be safely destroyed without harming the host. In Transformers Prime, Scraplets are considered to be Cybertron's most dangerous form of vermin and resemble small orbs similar in size to a soccer ball with eight pairs of legs, a mill of razor-sharp teeth, and the ability to fly in pursuit of prey. As mentioned by Bulkhead and Ratchet, they travel in large swarms and can dismantle large transformers in minutes as was seen in "Orion Pax: Part 3" when they were used b Jack Darby to kill an Insecticon. Inlike their G1 counterparts, Scraplets in Transformers prime cannot transform and have a severe weakness to extreme cold, being easily dispatched by Jack Darby's fire extinguisher and the subzero temperatures of the Arctic where they were lured to by Bulkhead in "Scrapheap".
- Soriza - Nebulan council member.
- Witwicky family - The oldest friends of the Autobots.
- Spike Witwicky - Buster's younger brother and husband of Carly Witwicky.
- Sparkplug Witwicky - Father of Spike and Buster. Grandfather of Daniel.
- Buster Witwicky - The first Witwicky introduced.
- Daniel Witwicky (cameo) - Son of Spike, like his animated counterpart, though he was once portrayed as Buster's son.
- Jessie Witwicky - Buster's girl friend. In one story, she married Buster and had a son named Daniel.
- Ethan Zachary - Computer programmer. The owner and chief software architect of a computer games company. It was in his company that Optimus Prime and Megatron fought in a virtual battle, ending with the apparent death of Optimus Prime. However, Zachary had saved Optimus Prime's mind on a floppy disk, and he was later resurrected as a Powermaster.
- Autobot Headmasters
- Autobot Micromasters
- Off Road Patrol
- Race Car Patrol
- Free Wheeler
- Rescue Patrol
- Red Hot
- Off Road Patrol
- Autobot Powermasters
- Getaway with Rev
- Joyride with Hotwire
- Slapdash with Lube
- Autobot Pretenders
- Autobot Targetmasters
- Boltax - Seen in a video recording from millions of years ago as a guardian of the Underbase.
- Decepticon Headmasters
- Decepticon Micromasters
- Decepticon Powermasters
- Decepticon Pretenders
- Decepticon Targetmasters
- Decepticon Triple Changers
- The Keeper - Ancient being watching over Primus's slumber. The Autobot Pretender Classics met him in the centre of Cybertron. The story where the Keeper appears is the first appearance of Primus in the American Transformers comic.
- Last Autobot - Legendary Autobot warrior. The Transformers equivalent of a king in the mountain, he has been dormant in the centre of Cybertron for millions of years, until he was finally called upon to defeat the Decepticons at Klo. This story marks the end of the American G1 Transformers comic.
- Lord Straxus- Former Decepticon leader
- Metroplex- Autobot city
- Moonracer- female autobot
- Prime Nova
- Sentinel Prime
- Sky Lynx
- Grand Slam
- Trypticon with Wipe-Out
- Unicron - Dark god and planet eater.
- Emirate Xaaron - Autobot chieftain. Created by Simon Furman and first appeared in the UK comic. His first US comic appearance was as a leader of an Autobot rebel squad trying to overthrow Decepticon suppression. This drew him deeper and deeper into the secrets of Cybertron's past, until he finally became an avatar of the god Primus.
- Transformers #6 (July 1985).