Scratch Acid (EP)
|EP by Scratch Acid|
|Recorded||July 1984 at Earth & Sky Studio, Austin, Texas|
|Scratch Acid chronology|
Scratch Acid is the self-titled debut by the Austin, Texas noise rock band Scratch Acid. It was only released on vinyl, but now can be found as the first 8 tracks on the compilation album The Greatest Gift.
Although it sold very poorly when it was first released and is still virtually unknown in the mainstream, it is regarded as a very influential record in the noise rock genre.
All songs written and composed by Scratch Acid.
|1.||"Cannibal"||David Yow||David Yow||2:24|
|2.||"Greatest Gift"||Steve Anderson||David Wm. Sims||1:19|
|3.||"Monsters"||David Wm. Sims||David Wm. Sims||3:54|
|4.||"Owner's Lament"||David Yow||Brett Bradford||4:39|
|1.||"She Said"||David Yow||Brett Bradford, David Wm. Sims||2:27|
|2.||"Mess"||David Yow||Brett Bradford, David Wm. Sims, Rey Washam||2:22|
|3.||"El Espectro"||Scratch Acid||Scratch Acid||3:39|
|4.||"Lay Screaming"||David Yow||David Wm. Sims, David Yow||2:47|
|UK Indie Chart||26|
- Scratch Acid
- Brett Bradford – guitar
- David Wm. Sims – bass guitar
- Rey Washam – drums, string arrangement on "Owner's Lament"
- David Yow – vocals
- Production and additional personnel
- Raggett, Ned. "Scratch Acid". Allmusic. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Cobain, Kurt (2012). Journals. Riverhead Books. ISBN 978-1-57322-232-7.
- "Top 50 by Nirvana [MIXTAPE]". Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- Cross, Gaar, Gendron, Martens, Yarm (2013). Nirvana: The Complete Illustrated History. p. 24. ISBN 978-0-7603-4521-4.
- Lazell, Barry (1997). Indie Hits 1980-1989. Cherry Red Books.
|This 1980s punk rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|