|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Screamin' Sirens were an all-women band that combined country music, punk rock, rockabilly and a dash of funk for their own wild party music. They pre-dated what is usually referred to as alternative country, but undoubtedly influenced it. They were based in Hollywood, California. The band featured Rosie Flores, who went on to have a successful solo career in the alternative country and rockabilly scene. Original drummer and songwriter Diane Boom Boom Dixon went on to play with the Baloney Heads and the Real Dixons in Austin, Texas. Pleasant Gehman is also a successful writer and editor, and a member of the Ringling Sisters. Bassist Miiko Watanabe went on to play with American Girls. Casey Gomez, who played drums with the group for a time, had also played with the Pandoras. Screamin' Sirens were notorious for their wild live shows and party-inducing image. They also did a film called The Runnin' Kind which starred Brie Howard as well as Screamin' Sirens.
- Diane ("Boom-Boom") Dixon: drums and vocals
- Pleasant Gehman: vocals
- Annette Zilinskas: bass and vocals
- Jenni Shore: guitar & vocals
- Fur Dixon: bass & vocals
- Shayn Taylor-Shubert: bass and vocals; switched to lead guitar before quitting
- Marsky Reins: fiddle, rhythm guitar, vocals
- Rosie Flores: lead guitar, vocals (replaced Shayn Taylor-Shubert)
- Miiko Watanabe: bass
- Laura Bandit: bass; later switched to rhythm guitar
- Casey Gomez: drums
- Kathryn Grimm: guitar
- Brie Howard: played live with the band after shooting the film "The Running Kind"
- "Sound of Hollywood Women" 1983 Mystic Records track: "Ugly & Slouchy"( compilation)
- "Rodney On The Roq" 1983 compilation track "Black And White Thunderbird"original song by the Delicates 1959.
- "Hell Comes To Your House" 1983 Enigma Records compilation tracks: "Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad", "Runnin' Kind"
- Fiesta! 1984, Enigma Records produced by Michael Reid[disambiguation needed], Greg Humphrey & Brian Ahern
- UK Import 45 "You're Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad" b/w "Runnin' Kind" 1984 Beach culture records
- Enigma Variations - 1985 Enigma compilation, track: "Maniac"
- "Radio Tokyo Tapes" 1985 Compilation, Chameleon Records track "Little White Lies"
- "Skaterock" 1986 Thrasher records track: "Heartbreak Train
- Voodoo 1987, Restless Records produced by Ethan James
- "Reform School Girls ( soundtrack) 1987 track "Love Slave"