|Company||The Indian Express|
Screen is a leading weekly film magazine, published in India. Established in 1951, it is owned by The Indian Express publishing group. The content focuses on India's Hindi film industry, a k a Bollywood, located mainly in Mumbai. It also has an emagazine version.
Screen was founded on September 26, 1951 with Manorama Katju as its managing editor. She was succeeded in 1959 by S.S. Pillai who died in office in 1977.
B. K. Karanjia who was previously editor of Filmfare, stayed Screen editor for 10 years. . Veteran film journalist, Bhawana Somaaya was the editor of the magazine (2000-2007). In 2007 she was replaced by Ex- Society Magazine and HT Style/Saturday editor Priyanka Sinha Jha who remains the editor till date.
Screen organizes and sponsors the Screen Awards for movies in Hindi cinema, established in 1995. It also sponsors Screen Gold Medal for excellence in direction at the Film and Television Institute, established in 1967.
- The Rough Guide to India. Rough Guides. 2003. p. 60. ISBN 978-1-84353-089-3. Retrieved 19 August 2013. "Film fanzines and gossip mags are very popular (Screen and Filmfare are the best)"
- "Showbiz: Bollywood Gossip,Reviews on Upcoming Movies". Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Film scribe B K Karanjia passes away". The Times of India. June 25, 2012. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- V. Gangadhar (January 29, 2006). "Writing for pleasure". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Bhawana Somaaya joins Swastik Pictures". Mint (newspaper). Feb 21, 2008. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
|This entertainment magazine or journal–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|