|Place of origin||Nazi Germany|
|Wars||World War II|
|Manufacturer||Demag, Wegmann and Deutsche Werke|
|Produced||June thru December 1940 (Demag and Wegman), January thru September 1941 (Deutsche Werke)|
|Armor||18 millimeters (see chart)|
|Engine||Maybach HL 42 TRKM|
|320 kilometers (road), 175 km (off-road)|
|Speed||65 kilometers per hour|
The Sd. Kfz. 252 was based on the Sd.Kfz. 250 half-track and used the same chassis. Initially built by the Demag and Wegmann firms from June through December 1940, production shifted to Deutsche Werke from January to September 1941. A total of about 413 units were manufactured before production ceased on this variant. All 413 were issued for use as ammunition resupply vehicles to Sturmartillerie batteries and saw operation on both European fronts.
Additional load capacity was required beyond that capable of the Sd.Kfz.252. Accordingly, the Sonder-Anhänger (Sd. Ah.) für Munition (7,5 cm) (Sd. Ah. 32/1) was developed for use as an ammunition transport trailer for towing behind the Sd. Kfz. 252. The Sd. Ah. 32/1 trailer carried an additional 36 rounds of 75mm ammunition.
During the Battle of France, SdKfz 252s were used by Sturmartillerie Batteries 640 and 659. Due to production delays with the new Sd. Kfz. 252, Sturmartillerie Batteries 660 and 665 went into battle using “turretless” Panzerkampfwagen I munitions carriers.
On the Eastern front, units using the Sd. Kfz. 252 included the Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 184, 190, 191, and 210.
The Sd.Kfz.252 was eventually replaced by the Sd.Kfz.250/6.
|Upper Front Hull||Lower Front Hull||Upper Hull Sides||Lower Hull Sides||Rear Hull||Top Hull||Bottom Hull|
|18 mm at 30 degrees||18 mm at 12 degrees||8 mm at 30 degrees||8 mm at 30 degrees||8 mm at 45 degrees and 8 mm at 55 degrees||8 mm at 90 degrees||8 mm at 90 degrees|
- Used the FuG15 or the FuG16 radio system
- Transmission had 7 forward and 3 in reverse
- Was armed with a 7.92 MG34
- Six-cylinder, water-cooled, 3000 RPM, engine
- "Leichte Gepanzerte Munitionskraftwagen Sd.Kfz.252". Achtung Panzer. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Anhänger (1 achs.) für Munition (7,5cm) (Sd. Ah. 32/1)". Kfz. der Wehrmacht. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Sturmgeschütze vor!". Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "leichter gepanzerter Munitionstransportwagen (Sd. Kfz. 252)". Kfz. der Wehrmacht. Retrieved 2012-11-15.