|Political party||Fine Gael|
|Alma mater||NUI, Galway,
University College Dublin
At the 2004 local elections he was elected to Galway County Council for the Connemara electoral area. He was re-elected to the County Council in 2009, having unsuccessfully contested Galway West at the 2007 general election. He was also unsuccessful in the 2007 election to the 23rd Seanad, when he stood on the Agricultural Panel.
His election in Galway West was the last result to be declared of the 2011 general election. When the result showed victory for Kyne over the independent candidate Catherine Connolly by a margin of 17 votes, she sought a full recount, which concluded after a total of four days of counting but did not change the outcome. His victory gave Fine Gael two seats in Galway West for the first time since 1982.
- "Mr. Seán Kyne". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "Galway West". RTÉ News. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Collins, Stephen (2011). Nealon's Guide to the 31st Dáil and 24th Seanad. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan. p. 115. ISBN 9780717150595.
- "Seán Kyne". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Lorna Siggins (2 March 2011). "FG's Kyne wins final seat in Galway". Irish Times. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
|Fine Gael Teachta Dála for Galway West
|This article about a Fine Gael politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|