Seán Mac Brádaigh
The eldest of eight children, Mac Brádaigh is a native of Sandymount, County Dublin. He served with the Irish Defence Forces and the Garda Síochána, married Maura in 1960, and is the father of four daughters and a son.
Upon retirement he entered University College, Dublin, graduating in 1993 with a Special Degree in History. Since the early 1960s he has published dozens of articles on Irish genealogy and family history in journals of the Arklow Historical Society, Dublin Historical Record, Cumann Seanchais Bhreifne, and Genealogical Society of Ireland.
All articles published in the Journal of the Genealogical Society of Ireland, unless otherwise stated.
- An Ulster Migration to Arklow 1597, vol. 3, no. 1, 2002.
- My Cavan Connections, vol.3, no. 2, 2002.
- Occupants of the Village of Deansgrange, Co. Dublin, 1846-95, vol. 3, no. 2, 2002.
- Padraig MacPiarais agus Tochailt an Phoir, vol. 3, no. 2, 2002.
- Noda, the Scribally Contracted Forms Used in Irish Manuscripts, vol. 3, no. 4, 2002.
- Occupants of the Village of Kill Of The Grange, Co. Dublin, 1846-95, vol. 3, no. 3, 2002.
- The Gaelic Genealogies of the Irish, vol. 3, no. 4, 2002.
- James Terry's Legacy, pp.22-25, , vol. 5, no. 1, Spring 2004.
- The Genealogies in the Irish Manuscripts, pp. 33-39, Féil-Scríbhinn Liam Mhic Alasdair:Essays Presented to Liam Mac Alasdair, FGSI, ed. Rory J. Stanley, Genealogical Society of Ireland, December 2009.
- The Bradys of Cavan in history and genealogy, Irish Genealogical Sources No. 29, 2002, ISBN 1-898471-12-6.
and "The Bradys of Cavan" 2nd Edition Revised and Enlarged, Cards, pp.330. Dublin 2013.
- The Contributors, p.146, Féil-Scríbhinn Liam Mhic Alasdair:Essays Presented to Liam Mac Alasdair, FGSI, ed. Rory J. Stanley, Genealogical Society of Ireland, December 2009.