Señorita (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara song)
|Song by Shankar Ehsaan Loy (composer)
Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol, María del Mar Fernández (singers)
|Released||8 June 2011|
"Señorita" (Hindi:सेन्योरीता; English: Miss) is a song from the 2011 film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. The song was composed by Shankar Ehsaan Loy and performed by Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol and Spanish singer María del Mar Fernández. The lyrics of the song were penned by Javed Akhtar. The Latino flavored Spanish flamenco song is about being yourselves and having fun.
Director Zoya Akhtar insisted on Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol singing the song, as it was the only lip-sync song in the film, and the actors agreed to it. The trio have sung the song along with traditional Spanish flamenco artist María del Mar Fernández, who made her debut with the song. She was auditioned by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy to croon the Spanish portions of the song.
This is the first time Abhay Deol has sung a song for a film, though both Farhan Akhtar and Hrithik Roshan had made their singing debuts for Rock On!! and Kites respectively. They recorded a good part of the song by tricking the actors into believing that it is a rehearsal, and used it since it sounded good.
The video, choreographed by the duo of Bosco-Caesar, and shot in front of 'Bar El Parque' in Alájar, features Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol, the three leads with mayor Carmen Osorno and Concha Montero ‘La Taranta'. The Mayor and the locals, who had no idea about bollywood movies and their nature, came all dressed in the third day of the shooting and joined in with the crew. Zoya refused to use extras in the video, and got some locals to dance with her lead actors. The song is picturized while on a road trip, the lead have a fun evening and break into a song, and indulge in tap dancing.
Rediff in its music review, stated, "Señorita treads on cultural stereotypes with its flamenco-inspired beats, ethnic elements and lyricism represented by María Del Mar Fernández yet keeps it interesting by adding its own twist to the take." Meanwhile, Bollywood Hungama described the track as A fun number with some impressive singing with Hrithik, Farhan and Abhay Bollyspice reviewer Vanessa Barnes, who loved the song, said, "This is a thoroughly Spanish track, from the guitars, the handclapping, the exuberance and the passion. It made me long to go back to Barcelona, because I can TASTE it."
A report, which was later published on Glamsham, remarked "Señorita has set the heart of nation to dance to the care free tunes of Salsa on which the music of the film is based."
- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara : Complete Cast and Crew details
- "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is one of my favorite albums" - Ehsaan » Bollywood Spice | Bollywood News
- Abhay sings along with co-stars Hrithik, Farhan - Hindustan Times
- MUNÁRRIZ, ÁNGEL. "Bollywood se menea en masa con flamenquito". Público (Spain). Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Shetty, Shuhaa. "Hrithik Roshan: I am too emotional". Mid Day. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "'Spain was gorgeous with lots of naked people'". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- Spanish mayor, locals in Bollywood song - Hindustan Times
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' - a pack full of surprises! - www.daily.bhaskar.com
- "Review: Zindagi Na Milegi... music is delightful - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara : Music Review by Joginder Tuteja". Bollywoodhungama.com. 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara". BollySpice. 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "59th National Film Awards for the Year 2011 Announced". Press Information Bureau (PIB), India.
- "Asian Network - The Official Asian Download Chart - The Official Asian Download Chart". BBC. 2011-06-29. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "Music Chart - The Times of India". Radio Mirchi. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- "Top 10 Hindi Songs of the year 2011". TNN. 2011-12-14. Retrieved 14 December 2011.