From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sea Gypsies may refer to:
In ethnography, it can refer to any of several groups in southeast Asia:
- Bajau people, an indigenous ethnic group residing in Sabah, eastern Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, the Philippines, and parts of Sarawak, sometimes including the people who speak Makassar, and Bugis.
- Moken, also known as the Selung, Salone or Chalome and Chao Ley or Chao nam, an Austronesian ethnic group with about 2,000 to 3,000 members who maintain a nomadic, sea-based culture.
- Orang Laut, a group of Malay people living in the Riau Islands of Indonesia.
- Tanka people, a Han ethnic sub-group that lives on boats in Southern China.
- Urak Lawoi, coastal dwellers of Thailand.
In film, it can refer to:
- The Sea Gypsies (1978 film), starring Robert Logan and Heather Rattray.
- "Ocean Gypsy", song by Renaissance (band) (covered by Blackmore's Night)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.