From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sea bass may refer to:
- For other fish called "bass", see bass (fish).
Many fish species of various families, including:
- Genus Paralabrax
- Barred sand bass (Paralabrax nebulifer), lives mainly off the coast of California.
- Genus Centropristis
- Black sea bass (Centropristis striata), whose range is the eastern coast of the United States
- Genus Caesioperca
- Butterfly perch (Caesioperca lepidoptera), found in the eastern Indian Ocean, and southwest Pacific Ocean including southern Australia and New Zealand
- Genus Caprodon
- Pink maomao (Caprodon longimanus), found in the eastern Indian Ocean, and southern Pacific Ocean including Australia and New Zealand
- Genus Epinephelus
- Genus Hypoplectrodes
- Redbanded perch (Hypoplectrodes huntii), found in southeastern Australia, and the North Island and northern South Island of New Zealand
- Genus Trachypoma
- Toadstool groper (Trachypoma macracanthus), found in the southwest Pacific Ocean
- Genus Serranus
- Family Latidae (also called Asian seabass, whose range is the Indo-Pacific, from Australia to India)
- Family Nototheniidae
- Family Moronidae
- Family Polyprionidae
- Family Percichthyidae
- Family Sciaenidae
The term bass also refers to a number of freshwater sport fish.
- A character in Dumb and Dumber and Me, Myself & Irene played by former National Hockey League player Cam Neely.
- A nickname for Carlos Beltrán, an outfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals
- A nickname for Sébastien Bourdais, a French race-car driver and four-time Champ Car series winner
- A nickname for Sébastien Chabal, a French rugby player for Racing Métro and the France national rugby union team
- A nickname for Sebastian Janikowski, an Oakland Raiders kicker
- A nickname for Sebastian Vollmer, a New England Patriots tackle
- A nickname for Shingo Takatsuka, lead producer of the Pro Evolution Soccer (also known as Winning Eleven) series.
- The bardic name of Jean-Pierre Calloc'h is Bard Bleimor ("bleimor" means "sea bass" in Breton)
- A water-taxi service operated by The Port Service, Yokohama, Japan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.