MV Seabourn Legend
MS Seabourn Legend
|Name:||2015 : TBD
1996-2015: Seabourn Legend
1995-1996: Queen Odyssey
1992-1995: Royal Viking Queen
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
Seabourn Cruise Line 1996-2015Windstar Cruises 2015
|Port of registry:||Nassau Bahamas|
|Commissioned:||February 29, 1992 as Royal Viking Queen|
|Length:||135 m (440 ft) |
|Beam:||19.6 m (63 ft)|
|Draft:||5.2 m (16.5 ft)|
|Installed power:||7280 kW|
|Speed:||19.2 knots (35.6 km/h; 22.1 mph)
16 knots (30 km/h; 18 mph) (service)
Seabourn Legend is a Seabourn Cruise Line cruise ship, constructed by Schichau-Seebeckwerft in Bremerhaven, Germany and put into service for Kloster Cruise in February 1992. The ship was originally named Royal Viking Queen, and operated on various crossings for Royal Viking Line, a Kloster subsidiary.
In 1995, the vessel's name was changed to Queen Odyssey after it was assigned to Royal Cruise Line, another Kloster subsidiary. It remained in operation for Royal Cruise Line until January 1996, when it was sold to Seabourn and joined its sister ships with its current name.
The Seabourn Legend was featured in the 1997 film Speed 2: Cruise Control. In the movie, LAPD Police Officer Alex Shaw (Jason Patric) and his girlfriend Annie Porter (Sandra Bullock) are trapped on the ship, where navigation computers have been reprogrammed by a computer hacker, (Willem Dafoe) setting the ship on a collision course with a supertanker.
- May 1991 — Launched
- February 11, 1992 — Operated sea trials.
- February 29, 1992 — Delivered to Kloster Cruise, Nassau, The Bahamas. Named Royal Viking Queen
- 1995 — Assigned to Royal Cruise Lne, Renamed Queen Odyssey
- January 12, 1996 — Acquired by Seabourn Cruise Line, Oslo, Norway. Renamed Seabourn Legend
- 1997 — Featured in movie Speed 2: Cruise Control
- 2002 — Re-registered in Nassau, The Bahamas
- Official website
- Results for Vessel: Seabourn Legend, United States Coast Guard Maritime Information Exchange, including dimensions and tonnage.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seabourn Legend.|