MV Seabourn Legend
MS Seabourn Legend
|Name:||2015 : Star Legend
1996-2015: Seabourn Legend
1995-1996: Queen Odyssey
1992-1995: Royal Viking Queen
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
Seabourn Cruise Line 1996-2015Windstar Cruises 2015
|Port of registry:||1992–2001: Oslo, Norway
2002–2014: Nassau, Bahamas
|Commissioned:||February 29, 1992 as Royal Viking Queen|
|Identification:||Call sign: C6FR6
IMO number: 9008598
MMSI number: 311085000
|Length:||135 m (440 ft) |
|Beam:||19.6 m (63 ft)|
|Draft:||5.2 m (16.5 ft)|
|Installed power:||7280 kW|
|Speed:||19.2 knots (35.6 km/h; 22.1 mph)
16 knots (30 km/h; 18 mph) (service)
Seabourn Legend was featured in the 1997 film Speed 2: Cruise Control. In the movie, LAPD Police Officer Alex Shaw (Jason Patric) and his girlfriend Annie Porter (Sandra Bullock) are trapped on the ship, where navigation computers have been reprogrammed by a computer hacker, (Willem Dafoe) setting the ship on a collision course with a supertanker.
The Construction of Royal Viking Queen Began in 1990 by Schichau-Seebeckwerft in Bremerhaven, Germany. She was the last ship to be built for Royal Viking Line and the smallest. She was originally planned for Seabourn Cruise Line in 1990, was delayed due to investors' financial constraints and was ultimately purchased by Royal Viking Line. She was launched on May 1991, and was completed on February 1992. She was put into service for Kloster Cruise in February 1992. She operated her sea trials and her maiden voyage began on February 11, 1992 and was finished on February 29, 1992. The ship operated on various crossings for Royal Viking Line, a Kloster subsidiary.
In 1995, the vessel's name was changed to Queen Odyssey after she was assigned to Royal Cruise Line, another Kloster subsidiary. She remained in operation for Royal Cruise Line until January 1996, when she was sold to Seabourn and joined her sister ships with her current name.
- May 1991 — Launched
- February 11, 1992 — Operated sea trials.
- February 29, 1992 — Delivered to Kloster Cruise, Nassau, The Bahamas. Named Royal Viking Queen
- 1995 — Assigned to Royal Cruise Line, Renamed Queen Odyssey
- January 12, 1996 — Acquired by Seabourn Cruise Line, Oslo, Norway. Renamed Seabourn Legend
- 1997 — Featured in movie Speed 2: Cruise Control
- 2002 — Re-registered in Nassau, The Bahamas
- Official website
- Results for Vessel: Seabourn Legend, United States Coast Guard Maritime Information Exchange, including dimensions and tonnage.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seabourn Legend.|