Seagoville High School
|Seagoville High School|
|15920 Seagoville Road
|Motto||Our mission is to provide the resources and assistance needed to ensure that students have the opportunity to graduate with the skills to become productive and responsible citizens.|
|School district||Dallas Independent School District|
|Number of students||1,024|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and White|
|Trustee dist.||4, Nancy Bingham|
|Area||1, Ivonne Durant|
Seagoville High School is a public secondary school located in Dallas, Texas, United States, northwest of the city of Seagoville. Seagoville High School enrolls students in grades 9-12 and is a part of the Dallas Independent School District.
Seagoville High School serves the DISD portion of the city of Seagoville, as well as small parts of Dallas (including Kleberg) and the DISD portion of the city of Combine. The community of Wright Farms, located in Dallas, is assigned to Seagoville High School.
In 2008 a series of fights at the school lead the school to declare a lockdown. Afterwards a group of parents expressed fears for the safety of their children to the media.
Starting in the 2005-2006 school year, Seagoville High School requires all students to wear school uniforms.
The Texas Education Agency specified that the parents and/or guardians of students zoned to a school with uniforms may apply for a waiver to opt out of the uniform policy so their children do not have to wear the uniform ; parents must specify "bona fide" reasons, such as religious reasons or philosophical objections.
As of 2006, Seagoville Middle School is the only middle school that feeds into Seagoville High School.
The only PK-5 elementary school that feeds into Seagoville High School is Kleberg. Seagoville Elementary, which is PK-2, feeds into Central, which is 3-5, which ultimately feeds into Seagoville Middle School.
- LaMarcus Aldridge (2004) — professional basketball player for the Portland Trail Blazers; former college player for the University of Texas and finalist for the John R. Wooden Award for best male college basketball player
- Moises Hernandez (2010) — professional soccer player for FC Dallas;
- Dallas ISD - Seagoville High School. Retrieved 13 October 2006.
- Texas Education Agency - School Directory - type in school number "057905015" and select "view report." Retrieved 13 October 2006.
- Dallas ISD - Schools by Trustee. (PDF). Retrieved 13 October 2006.
- Dallas ISD - Schools by Area. (PDF). Retrieved 13 October 2006.
- Goldstein, Scott. "Seagoville High parents question school's safety after brawl." The Dallas Morning News. Friday February 22, 2008. Retrieved on September 7, 2009.
- "Texas High School Student Told Rosary Is 'Gang Symbol'." Fox News. Tuesday September 16, 2008. Retrieved on September 7, 2009.
- "School bans rosary beads, claims they're gang symbols." NBC News at WIS-TV. September 18, 2008, Updated September 26, 2008. Retrieved on September 7, 2009.
- Dallas ISD - 2006 School Feeder Patterns - Seagoville High School. Retrieved 11 October 2006.
- Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau Tout "Big 12. Big D. Big Time." (press release for the return of Big 12 Men's and Women's Basketball Championships to Dallas), March 3, 2006