Sealdah (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
শিয়ালদহ বিধানসভা কেন্দ্র
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Calcutta North East|
In the 2009 by-election, necessitated by the election of sitting MLA, Somendra Nath Mitra, to the Parliament from the Diamond Harbour (Lok Sabha constituency), Shikha Mitra of Trinamool Congress won the Sealdah assembly seat. In the 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991, 1987 and 1982 state assembly elections Somendra Nath Mitra of Congress won the 156 Sealdah assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Prabir Deb of CPI in 2006, Chanchal Ghosh of CPI in 2001, Arun Prakash Chatterjee of CPI in 1996, Ila Mitra of CPI in 1991, Nanda Gopal Bhattacharjee of CPI in 1987 and 1982. Binoy Banerjee of Janata Party had won the seat in 1977 defeating Amar Prasad Chakraborty of Forward Bloc.
Somendranath Mitra of Congress won in 1972. Benoy Banerjee of Congress won in 1971. Jatin Chakravarty of RSP won in 1969. Pratap Chandra Chunder of Congress won in 1967. Prior to that the Seadah seat was not there. There was a seat at Muchipara.
Pratap Chandra Chunder of Congress won in 1962. Jatindra Chandra Chakravorty, Independent, won in 1957. Sankar Prasad Mitra of Congress won the Muchipara seat in independent India’s first election in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha". Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Sealdah, Bowbazar by-polls Trinamool Congress...!!!". Press Release Point. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "156 - Sealdah Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.