|Full name||Séamus Joseph Conneely|
|Date of birth||9 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Lambeth, England|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2012||→ Alfreton Town (loan)||9||(0)|
|2009||Republic of Ireland U21||4||(0)|
|2010||Republic of Ireland U23||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Séamus Conneely (born 9 July 1988) is an Irish footballer who plays as a right back for Sligo Rovers. He has previously played for Galway United, Sheffield United and Alfreton Town. He was born in London, but moved with his parents to Connemara. His brother Martin plays for Galway in the League of Ireland First Division.
Conneely (known as "Seamie" by Galway United fans) joined the club in 2007 from Mervue United. He completed a successful season in United's U21's before being given his senior competitive début against Shamrock Rovers in Terryland Park, replacing the injured Wesley Charles. This was Tony Cousins's last game in charge of Galway United.
In January 2011 he signed an 18-month deal with English side Sheffield United. In over a year after signing for the Blades, Conneely didn't make a first team appearance. However he was a regular for the reserve team where he is the team captain. On 9 March 2012 Conneely joined Alfreton Town on loan for a month. Conneely made his début for Alfreton Town the following day coming on as a substitute after only 16 minutes away against Lincoln City at the Sincil Bank football stadium in a 1–0 victory for Alfreton Town. After returning to Bramall Lane Conneely was released by United when his contract expired in May 2012.
Conneely was capped for Ireland at several youth levels from U17s and made his Under 21s début against Switzerland in October 2009. He also represented Ireland in an U23 team as part of the 2009-11 International Challenge Trophy.
- Connacht Senior Cup: 2008
- "Blades snap up Irish duo". Sheffield United F.C. 6 January 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Alfreton Town sign Dagenham and Redbridge striker Adam Cunnington and Sheffield United defender Seamus Conneely on loan". chad.co.uk. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Alfreton sign Seamus Conneely". BBC Sport. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Lincoln City 0 Alfreton Town 1". BBC Sport. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "Trio offered new deals – 11 released". Sheffield United F.C. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Owen Garvan's late goal earns Ireland U21 a draw". fai.ie. 13 October 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "U23s defeat Estonia in Tallinn". fai.ie. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Séamus Conneely career stats at Soccerbase
- Séamus Conneely match lineups at theplayersagent
- Profile from official Galway United