Sean Collins (ice hockey, born 1988)
December 29, 1988 |
Saskatoon, SK, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||184 lb (83 kg; 13 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|NHL Draft||187th overall, 2008
Columbus Blue Jackets
Collins played minor junior hockey with the Waywayseecappo Wolverines in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League from 2006 to 2008 before he was picked by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the seventh round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed to an entry-level contract with the Blue Jackets organization following the end of his last season of ECAC Hockey with the Cornell Big Red. He was assigned to Columbus' American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, where he played eight games and registered five points.
At the start of the 2012–13 season, with the NHL lockout in effect, he was directly assigned to the Falcons. Midway through the season with the Falcons, Collins was recalled by Columbus and made his NHL debut in a 3-2 defeat to the Anaheim Ducks on February 18, 2013.
|2005–06||La Ronge Ice Wolves||SJHL||1||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||5||0||0||0||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||6||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- Staff (2012-03-29). "Blue Jackets Sign Forward Sean Collins to Two-Year Entry Level Contract". Columbus Blue Jackets. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "2011-12 Men's Ice Hockey Roster: Sean Collins". Cornell Big Red men's ice hockey. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Canadian Press (2012-09-14). "Columbus Blue Jackets assign 20 players to AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons". The Hockey News. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Ducks hang on for 3-2 win over Blue Jackets". National Hockey League. 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Sean Collins's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Sean Collins's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey centre born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|