|Minister of State
for Fisheries and Forestry
23 March 2010 – 9 March 2011
May 2007 – February 2011
|Born||27 August 1963|
|Political party||Fianna Fáil|
Seán Connick (born 27 August 1963) is a former Irish Fianna Fáil politician. He was a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Wexford constituency from 2007 to 2011, and also served as a Minister of State. He was elected at the 2007 general election.
Early and private life
Seán Connick is the son of John Connick and Margaret Ryan. Connick was educated at St. Canice's Primary School and CBS New Ross. He also has a Professional Certificate in Business Management. He uses a wheelchair as a result of a road traffic accident. Connick is a former motor trade administrator and health and fitness centre owner. He is a self-employed owner-manager of a Storage, Warehousing and Distribution Centre. Connick lives in Rosbercon, an area of New Ross town located in County Kilkenny.
Connick was elected to New Ross Town Council in 1999 and re-elected in 2004. He was elected to Wexford County Council in 2004. He was first elected to Dáil Éireann at the 2007 general election – receiving 9,826 first preference votes. He was the first ever person from New Ross to be elected as a TD. He was the first TD in the history of the state to use a wheelchair.
- "Seán Connick". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- "Community Notes (Glenmore) - Official Opening.". The Munster Express. 24 April 2008. Retrieved 18 May 2008.
- "Profile of Seán Connick". Fianna Fáil website. Retrieved 12 May 2008.
- "Mr. Seán Connick". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 12 May 2008.
- "Connick tops county list of TD's interests". New Ross Standard. 19 March 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2008.
- "Connick enjoys a fantastic experience". New Ross Standard. 20 June 2007. Retrieved 18 May 2008.
- "Killeen, Carey promoted to Cabinet". RTÉ News. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
|Fianna Fáil Teachta Dála for Wexford
|Minister of State for Fisheries and Forestry