|Born||Sean Patrick Fagan|
|Subjects||Rugby league, rugby football|
Sean Patrick Fagan (born 1964) is an Australian sports historian, author and journalist, specialising in early Australian history and particular the origins and local development of the popular football codes in Australia. He lives in Sydney and has written articles for Australian national daily newspapers, numerous sports magazines and official Australian Rugby League match day programs. He maintains the rugby league history website http://www.rl1908.com and has written two books The Rugby Rebellion (2005, Hachette Livre) and The Master - The Life and Times of Dally Messenger (2007, London League Publications), co-written with Dally Messenger III.
Centenary of Rugby League
He was one of the college of 130 experts commissioned by the Australian Rugby League and National Rugby League in 2007 to select Australian rugby league's 100 greatest players for the code's Australian centenary celebrations in 2008.
He was a member of the Australian Rugby League's Centenary Historian Committee selected to advise on aspects of the centenary. Fagan was appointed Consultant Historian on the National Rugby League's 2008 documentary series A Century of Rugby League and was a contributor to League of Legends, a travelling museum exhibition developed and presented by the National Museum of Australia in 2008.
In 2007 Fagan delivered the 9th annual Tom Brock Lecture, one of the ongoing activities conducted by the Australian Society for Sports History. He has provided sports history consultancy services to the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust and to a number of corporations in the sports industry.
- The Rugby Rebellion: The divide of League and Union (2005), Hachette Livre, ISBN 0-9757563-0-3
- The Master: The life and times of Dally Messenger, Australia's first sporting superstar (written with Dally Messenger III, 2007), Hachette Australia, ISBN 978-0-7336-2200-7
- "Sean Fagan". Our authors. Bruce Kennedy Management. Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Fagan, Sean (2010-06-19). "Media information". rl1908.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- League of Legends exhibition: National Museum of Australia
- Fagan, Sean (2007). ""Nothing But a Nine-Day Wonder": The founding of rugby league—Australia’s first professional code". 9th Annual Tom Brock Lecture. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 2011-01-17. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Fagan, Sean (2008-04-23). "2007 Tom Brock Lecture". RL1908. Archived from the original on 2011-01-18. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "The rugby rebellion : the divide of League and Union / Sean Fagan". National Library of Australia. Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "The rugby rebellion centenary edition : pioneers of rugby league / Sean Fagan". National Library of Australia. Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "The master : the life and times of Dally Messenger, Australia's first sporting superstar / Sean Fagan and Dally Messenger III". National Library of Australia. Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- rl1908.com, rugby league history
- Rugbyaustralis | Sean Fagan: Rugby in colonial Australia
- Tribe13.com.au, rugby league blog authored by Sean Fagan
- Sean Fagan at abc.net.au
- 2009 Tom Brock Lecture