Sean Gleeson (rugby league)
29 November 1987 |
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (14 st 5 lb) |
|Position||Fullback, Wing, Centre|
|2007–10||Wakefield Trinity Wildcats||78||24||0||0||96|
|2011–12||Salford City Reds||38||14||0||0||56|
|As of 26 July 2012|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Sean Gleeson (born Wigan) is a former rugby league footballer playing at representative level for Ireland, and at club level for the Wigan Warriors, Widnes Vikings (loan), Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, and Salford City Reds, in the Super League, as a Fullback, Wing, Centre, i.e. number 1, 2 or 5, or, 3 or 4. He is the cousin of Great Britain star Martin Gleeson.29 November 1987 in
He came in to the Wigan side due to injury and was then loaned out to Widnes Vikings.
It was announced on 11 June 2012 that Sean Gleeson will move to Hull KR for the 2013 season. On 8 January 2013 it emerged that his start to the season might be delayed due to a back injury sustained in training.
In March 2014, Gleeson was taken to hospital with a serious eye injury after being assaulted outside a nightclub in his hometown. On 2 June 2014 he announced that he was to quit Rugby League at the age of 26 due to the injury.
- "Salford City Reds Official club website". web page. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Cassidy included in Ireland squad". BBC. 2008-10-07. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Super League: Hull KR's Sean Gleeson is facing being blind in one eye". Sky Sports. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sean Gleeson eye injury picture: Pictured: Horrific eye injury that ended the career of rugby star Sean Gleeson". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Sean Gleeson Wigan Career Page on the Wigan RL Fansite.
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Wakefield profile
- Ireland profile
- Interview with Sean Gleeson
- Statistics at rugby.widnes.tv
- Search for "Sean Gleeson" AND "Rugby League" at BBC → Sport
|This Irish rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|