After graduating from the University of Hertfordshire, Hedges-Quinn worked in the film industry as a model-maker, prop-master and sculptor. His first role was as a prop-maker on The Borrowers in 1996 before he was taken on by Jim Henson's creature shop in London. He has worked for films such as the 1997 version of Lost in Space, Reign of Fire, The Hours, V for Vendetta, Phantom of the Opera, 12 Monkeys and as senior prosthetic technician on Clash of the Titans. He has been commissioned to produce statues for several notable footballers including Bobby Robson, Alf Ramsey, Ted Bates, Bob Stokoe,  and Nat Lofthouse and in 2010 his statue of Dad's Army's Captain Mainwaring was unveiled in Thetford, Norfolk.
- "Public Art in Ipswich". www.ipswich.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Sean Hedges-Quinn - Sculptor". www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Suffolk sculptor Sean Hedges Quinn tells how he carved out his fascinating career in art, and in the film industry". Suffolk-GreatBritishLife.co.uk. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Sir Bobby Robson statue unveiled". BBC News. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Staue of Sir Alf Ramsey unveiled Part 1.". www.itfc.co.uk. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Second Ted Bates statue unveiled". BBC news. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- "Statue of club manager unveiled". BBC News. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- "Statue of Captain Mainwaring Unveiled". Topnews.co.uk. Retrieved 28 January 2012.