|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (June 2013)|
|Headquarters||New York, United States|
|Key people||Sean Combs (CEO)
Jeffrey Tweedy (President)
|Products||Clothing, footwear, fragrance, fashion accessories|
Sean John Clothing Inc is a clothing and fragrance company owned by hip-hop mogul Sean Combs. The apparel company takes its name from Combs' first and middle given names.
People representing the brand include Combs himself, musicians such as Nelly, T.I., Fabolous, Game, Dolla, Rick Ross and Busta Rhymes, athletes including Dwyane Wade, plus fashion models Tyson Beckford and Kevin Navayne Lamban, and famous DJs like DJ Cece.
In 1998, Combs decided to launch a signature collection of sportswear under his name Sean John (stage name Puff Daddy). Since its launch, Sean John has enjoyed critical and commercial success with revenues now exceeding $100 million annually. Sean John has often appeared at the award ceremony for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) held annually in New York. For five consecutive years since 2000, Sean John has been nominated for its excellence in design. In 2004, Sean John was awarded the CFDA Men's Designer of the Year award.
In February 2001, Sean John produced the first nationally televised runway show during Fall Fashion Week when it simultaneously aired live on E! Television and the Style Network. During fashion week in February 2002, the New York Times ran a front page story on Sean John.
In November 2008, Combs launched his latest men's perfume under the Sean John brand called I Am King. On November 24, 2008, he unveiled a new Times Square billboard for the I Am King line to replace his iconic Sean John ad. The giant billboard is currently the largest print ad in Times Square.
- Marks, Peter (February 18, 2001). "Fashion Week Becomes Fashion Telethon". New York Times. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Trebay, Guy (February 9, 2002). "Fashion Statement: Hip-Hop on Runway". Archived from the original on June 3, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2013. NYT archive search result indicates "February 9, 2002 | Front Page | News"
- "Sean John, designer Posen teaming up". Cincinnati Enquirer. April 23, 2004. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Dodes, Rachel (October 22, 2008). "Liz Claiborne to Sell Enyce to Sean John". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Tschorn, Adam (January 21, 2009). "The scent of royalty". Los Angeles Times (AZcentral.com). Retrieved June 3, 2013.