Sean Longden (born 1965 in Clapham, Bedfordshire, England) is an author and historian who specialises in previously untold stories from World War II, mostly sourced from interviews with veterans. He was educated at Sharnbrook Upper School and The School of Slavonic and East European Studies, (SSEES) University of London.
- To the Victor the Spoils First published in 2004,this book is a social history of the British Army between D-Day and VE Day which covers subjects such as sex and crime in the British Army, revenge attacks, looting and soldier fashions.
- Hitler's British Slaves First published in 2006, this book deals with the brutal treatment of British POWs who worked in German agriculture and industry during World War Two. The book overturns the "Great Escape Myth" that most prisoners lived in POW camps which were a cross between a harsh boarding school and a holiday camp.
- Dunkirk, The Men They Left Behind Published in 2008, this is the story of the 40,000 soldiers of the British Expeditionary Force who were left behind following the evacuation of the BEF from the port of Dunkirk in France in 1940.
T-Force: The Race for Nazi War Secrets - published September 2009 by Constable & Robinson. This is the first ever history of the secret World War II British Army unit Target Force. It was created in 1945 to search for German military researchers and scientists. T-Force's creation was inspired by the work of Ian Fleming who had previously created 30AU Royal Marines, a unit which did similar work in France in 1944. Fleming sat on the committees that selected targets for T Force. The unit was responsible for bringing hundreds of Nazi scientists to the UK for interrogation, including nuclear scientists and the designers of hydrogen peroxide engines used in high speed submarines, jet fighters and the V-2 missile. Many remained in the UK to work for the British.
- To the Victor the Spoils. First published by Arris Books, 2004. Second Edition, Constable Robinson, 2007.
- Hitler's British Slaves. First Published Arris Books, 2006. Second Edition, Constable Robinson, 2007.
- Dunkirk, The Men They Left Behind. Published by Constable Robinson, 2008.
- 'T-Force The Race for Nazi War Secrets. Published September 2009 by Constable & Robinson
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Blitz Kids, 2012. The children's war against Hitler.