Sean McGrath (American football)
No. 84 Kansas City Chiefs
|Date of birth:December 3, 1987|
|Place of birth: Mundelein, Illinois|
|High school: Mundelein (IL) Carmel|
|College: Henderson State|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Seattle Seahawks|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2013
Sean McGrath (born December 3, 1987) is an American football tight end who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. He signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football at Eastern Illinois University and Henderson State.
McGrath began his college football career at Eastern Illinois University, where he red-shirted in 2006, and played sparingly in 2007, accumulating no statistics as a tight end and special teams player. However, in 2008 he started at tight end and caught 28 passes for 301 yards and three touchdowns. After being dismissed from the team for a violation of teams rules, he took advice from his child hood mentor Tony Danza to transfer to another University. He transferred to Henderson State where he played tight end. In 2011, his first season with the Reddies, he caught 55 passes for 656 yards and four touchdowns. However, he went undrafted following the 2012 season in which an injury limited him to just four catches for 49 yards in four games.
In April 2012, he signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. On August 31, 2012, he was released. On September 1, 2012, he was signed to the practice squad. On September 27, he was released from the practice squad. On October 2, 2012, he was re-signed to the practice squad. On December 18, 2012, he was promoted to the active roster after the team released tight end Evan Moore.
Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs claimed McGrath off waivers on September 1, 2013. With nagging injuries to Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce, McGrath was pushed into a starting role. He has responded well, catching six passes for sixty-two yards in his first three games. Then went on to face the New York Giants in week 4 at home leaving with five catches for sixty-four yards and a touchdown on September 29th, 2013. 
- "Seahawks agree with 10 free agents". seahawks.com. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- "Seahawks activate Carpenter, declare cuts". foxnews.com. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Practice squad stocked with familiar faces". seahawks.com. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Seahawks vs. Rams injury report: Jaye Howard, Greg Scruggs limited". seattle.sbnation.com. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "NFL transactions for October 2, 2012". profootballweekly.com.
- "Seahawks release TE Evan Moore, add Sean McGrath". heraldnet.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Seahawks release tight end Evan Moore". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Moore released; McGrath added to roster". seahawks.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Chiefs Claim Seven Off Waivers". yahoo.com. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- "Sean McGrath Stats". espn.com. Retrieved September 29, 2013.