|Toronto Blue Jays – No. 35|
December 26, 1989 |
Seaford, New York
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|May 24, 2013 for the Toronto Blue Jays|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||27.00|
Nolin was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the sixth round of the 2010 MLB Entry Draft out of San Jacinto Junior College. He had originally been selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the fiftieth round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft, and by the Seattle Mariners in the forty-eighth round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign either time.
Nolin missed the first month of the 2013 baseball season with a groin injury suffered during spring training. On May 23, 2013, it was announced that Nolin would be called up to the Major Leagues to start on May 24, 2013 against the Baltimore Orioles. He was formally called up on May 24 when J. A. Happ was transferred to the 60-day disabled list. Nolin took the loss in his debut, pitching 11⁄3 innings and giving up 6 earned runs and one walk. He was optioned back to Double-A New Hampshire following the 10–6 loss. Nolin was ranked as the number 5 prospect in the Blue Jays organization on July 26, 2013, when the revised Top 100 Prospects list was released. Nolin was promoted to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on August 17. Nolin was optioned to the Buffalo Bisons on March 16, 2014. He posted a 4–7 record in the minors in 2014, with an ERA of 3.43 and 88 strikeouts over 97 innings pitched.
Nolin was called up to the Blue Jays on September 1, as part of the September roster expansion. He would make just 1 appearance for Toronto in 2014, pitching 1 inning of relief on September 22.
- "Sean Nolin Player Profile". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Sean Nolin Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Sean Nolin Fantasy Baseball at CBSSports.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Peaslee, Evan (May 23, 2013). "Nolin to get the call from Double-A, start Friday". MLB.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Blue Jays call up Sean Nolin, place Darren Oliver on 15-day disabled list, transfer J.A. Happ to 60-day disabled list". BlueBirdBanter.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- Davidi, Shi (May 24, 2013). "Shi Davidi Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- Chisholm, Gregor (July 26, 2013). "Pitching remains strength in Blue Jays system". MLB.com. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Nolin, Jimenez join Bisons from Double-A New Hampshire". Buffalo Bisons. August 17, 2013. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- "Sean Nolin Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Davidi, Shi (September 1, 2014). "Pompey, Norris among 9 called up by Blue Jays". Sportsnet. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- George, Daniel (May 23, 2013). "Sean Nolin Expected To Start Friday For The Blue Jays". JaysJournal.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Prospect of the Week: Sean Nolin". BlueBirdBanter.com. January 22, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)