|21st Attorney General of Utah|
December 23, 2013
|Preceded by||John Swallow|
|Relations||Ramon Magsaysay (uncle)|
|Residence||Cottonwood Heights, Utah|
|Alma mater||UC Berkeley School of Law
Brigham Young University
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)|
Early Life and Education
Reyes received his bachelors degree from BYU in 1994 and his law degree from UC Berkeley in 1997.
Reyes was a lawyer at Parsons Behle & Latimer. Immediately before being appointed attorney general he was serving as general counsel for Springville, Utah based eTAGz. After his work with PB&L, Reyes formed Reyes Legal Management and was also a partner with venture capital firm Accelerate Ventures.
Reyes has also served on the boards of many non-profit institutions, including one conducting education against fraud. He has also involved with the National Commission on Museum for American Latino.
Reyes also served as a small claims judge for the 3rd District Court of Utah.
Reyes ran for Attorney General of Utah in 2012 against John Swallow. He lost the primary election with a margin of 69 to 32 percent. In December 2013 John Swallow resigned from office. Reyes was then selected as one of three candidates by the GOP State Central Committee on Dec 14, 2013. Governor Gary Herbert appointed Reyes as the next Attorney General of Utah on Dec 23, 2013.
Reyes and his wife Saysha are the parents of six children.
- "Gov. Gary Herbert names Sean Reyes as Utah attorney general". Deseret News. December 23, 2013.
- Romboy, Dennis (June 18, 2012), "Utah GOP Candidates Sean Reyes, John Swallow engage in nasty battle", Deseret News
- "Meet Sean", SeanReyes.com (Sean Reyes for Utah Attorney General)
- "Gov. names Sean Reyes as Utah attorney general". Daily Herald. Associated Press. December 23, 2013.
- Bruckman, Ryan (December 23, 2013), Governor Appoints Sean D. Reyes as Attorney General, "Press Room", AttorneyGeneral.Utah.gov (Office of the Attorney General of Utah)
- Sean D. Reyes, "Team", AccelerateVentures.com (Accelerate Ventures), archived from the original on 2013-12-25
- Romboy, Dennis (June 26, 2012). "Swallow beats Reyes in AG race; Dougall wins for auditor". KSL.com (KSL-TV).
- O'Donoghue, Amy Joi (December 23, 2013), "Sean Reyes vows to restore 'integrity' to Utah Attorney General's Office", Deseret News
|This article about a Utah politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|