|Born||Sean Patrick Reiley
June 15, 1976
|Occupation||Comedy writer, columnist|
|Alma mater||University of Idaho|
Sean Patrick Reiley (born June 15, 1976), better known as Seanbaby, is an American writer best known for his comedy website and frequent contributions to video game media outlets Electronic Gaming Monthly and 1UP.com, as well as the humor website Cracked.com.
Seanbaby's original website houses many reviews of old video games, a substantial section on the old Super-Friends cartoon, critiques on old DC comics, a collection of Hostess Pie ads (with commentary), sarcastic commentary on Christian fundamentalists and hipsters, examples of poorly translated English, reviews of bad movies and comics, ineffective or overblown self-defense techniques, current events, and a photo gallery of himself with friends. Seanbaby's writing frequently exhibits cynicism and ridicule.
Seanbaby was a frequent writer for Electronic Gaming Monthly. In addition to his reviews and other content, he wrote a monthly column concerning bad games entitled "Rest of The Crap." He was a frequent contributor on the popular gaming website 1UP.com, where his EGM work was posted. He provides commentary on bad games for 1UP's Broken Pixels show. He also writes a column called "The Final Last Word" for The Wave magazine of Silicon Valley.
He was also a writer for the short-lived MTV2 animated comedy show The Adventures of Chico and Guapo. He recently returned to regularly updating seanbaby.com and began writing as a columnist for Cracked.com.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly Special: The 15 Best Games of the Millennium and Their Sequels, MTV (host)
- Video Game Vixens, G4 (judge)
- Attack of the Show, G4 (guest host)
- G4tv.com, G4 (guest host)
- Top Ten Best and Worst Videogames, MTV (guest)
Seanbaby is the creator of the mobile game Calculords, which combines elements of lane attack, collectable card games and math puzzles. According to Sean "Calculords is a weird idea that I’d never get to see unless I made it".
- Kohler, Chris (October 23, 2006). "Seanbaby vs. Uwe Boll". Wired News. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "Seanbaby speaks: “Calculords is a weird idea that I’d never get to see unless I made it”". Pocket Tactics. October 2013.
- Koski, Dustin (March 2013). "Interview with Seanbaby". Gunaxin.
- "All the Hostess comics ads in one creamy cake". The Beat. Nov 2012.
- "Sean “Seanbaby” Reiley Re-joins EGM". Electronic Gaming Monthly. December 2009.
- "‘Calculords': Saving the Galaxy with Basic Arithmetic". CBS Local.
- Hsu, Dan (March 2014). "5 Hit Points: Trying to stump Calculords’ Seanbaby with math problems and ’80s-based trivia". Gamesbeat.