Seaside High School (California)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2012)|
|Seaside High School|
|Seaside, California, United States|
|School district||Monterey Peninsula Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
Seaside High School is a school located in Seaside, California. The school first opened in September 1963 to Sophomores and Juniors (incoming Seniors continued to attend Monterey High School until graduation), graduating its first class in June 1965. Average annual enrollment is 1,400 students, attending grades 9–12. The school serves the communities of Monterey, California, Marina, California, Sand City, California, Seaside, California, and Del Rey Oaks, California. Its student body reflects the region's diversity of language, ethnicity, nationality, and cultures. The school mascot is the Spartan.
Seaside High School has a very rich history in sports and is known for fielding some of the fiercest competitors in the county. The football team is consistently top ranked around Monterey County and recently won the CCS Small School Division Championship for the 2nd time in school history. Along with the football team, Seaside High School offers many opportunities for students to display their unique athletic talents, including: basketball (boys and girls), cross country (boys and girls), volleyball (boys and girls), tennis (boys and girls), wrestling (boys and girls), soccer (boys and girls), baseball (boys and girls), softball (boys and girls), swimming and diving (boys and girls), golf (boys and girls),track and field (boys and girls), and cheerleading.
Seaside High School's main rival is Monterey High School, that of whom they share the bay with. It is one of the most popular rivalries in Northern California and still continues today.
- Rachel Roy, Fashion Designer and Philanthropist.
- Ron Rivera, Head coach Carolina Panthers, and former linebacker for the Chicago Bears on the 1985 Super Bowl team.
- LeCharls McDaniel, former Defensive Back of the Washington Redskins, Former Special Teams Coach for the Redskins as well.
- Tony Curtis, Tight End for the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers
- Mason Foster, Starting Linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Steven Glover, former outfielder for AAA Giants, current Chief Executive Officer [SavingLover]
- Yusaku Matsuda, Japanese actor, attended in 1967
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|