Lead singer Becki Clark
|Past members||Paul White
Season's End are a British band based in Hampshire. They describe themselves as playing Progressive symphonic metal, although they are often tagged as a gothic metal band by reviewers and reference sources.
The band is fronted by string musician Becki Clark, who provides female vocals which are backed by the male vocals of guitarist David Stanton. The underlying music can be categorised as dark and atmospheric, combining lighter elements (such as clean electric guitars, classical stringed instruments and keyboards) with fast, heavily distorted riffs and powerful drums more commonly associated with heavy metal music. Although many of the band's lyrics contain references to religion they do not consider themselves a religious band.
Originally formed as Entropy by schoolmates Tim Gifford-Hull (lead vocals, guitar), Danny Russell (guitar) and James Humber (bass) in 1993 and later joined by Becki Clark (keyboards and backing vocals). David Stanton joined on guitar in 1997 after the demise of his own college band Armageddon. By 1998, the line-up had Matt Marriage (bass) and Paul White (drums), and the band had been renamed Season's End. - "The Failing Light - Season's End Fansite".
After recording two demos in 2000 and a number of line-up changes (including original founders Tim and Danny leaving to pursue separate musical ventures,) their debut album - The Failing Light - was released in the UK on 19 September 2005 through 1 Records Worldwide. It was a re-working of the self-released demo of the same name, released originally in November 2003.
Throughout 2004 and 2005, the second guitar and bass duties were filled by Daryl Kellie and Tom Nichols respectively, both of whom left at the end of 2005 and were temporarily replaced by Jonathan Craven (Liquid Sky) and David Lovell until the end of 2006. At the beginning of 2007, as the band commenced work on their second album, the drummer and founding member Paul White left the band due to a build up of personal and musical differences. Meanwhile, the band recruited Tim Goatham on guitar, Mike Bridge on bass, and James Smith on drums. The band are now preparing to release a new album.
- Becki Clark - Vocals, Cello, Viola, Keyboards
- David Stanton - Guitar, Vocals
- Dave Smith - Keyboards
- Tim Goatham - Guitar
- Mike Bridge - Bass
- James Smith - Drums & Percussion
- Paul White - Drums, Percussion
- Jon Craven - live Guitar
- David Lovell - live Bass
- Daryl Kellie - live Guitar
- Tom Nicholls - live Bass
- Matt Marriage - Bass
- Tim Gifford-Hull - Guitar, Vocals
- Danny Russell - Guitar
- The Failing Light (September, 2005; 1 Records)
- Ascension (April, 2006)
- Distant Dreams EP (April, 2006)
This CD was released with the first 200 copies of Ascension, it contains almost acoustic versions of "Celestia", "Touch" and "One Sadness", from the full length "The Failing Light".
- These Are Blacker Times (Mar 2000)
- A Tear Away From Sadness (Aug 2000)
- The Failing Light (Nov 2003)
- Beyond The Grace Of God (Aug 2009)
- Dean Cracknell (former manager). "Season's End :: Biography". Season's End. Retrieved 2006-09-01.
- "Season's End". Encyclopaedia Metallum. Retrieved 2006-09-01.
- "Ragnarök Radio Interview with Becki Clark". Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- "Season's End :: News". Season's End.