|Type||Computer hardware, power supplies|
|Products||Computer power supply|
Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd., is a computer power supply manufacturer and retailer, formerly limited to trading as hardware OEM for other companies. They first made power supplies in 1980s for the Apple II and the IBM PC, and are now known for highly efficient designs. Antec, Corsair Memory, XFX and other computer hardware companies sell power supplies which are rebadged or based on Sea Sonic units. All of their PSUs are certified 80 Plus.
- 1975 Sea Sonic incorporated to manufacture Electronic Test Equipment.
- 1980 Sea Sonic enters PC power supply market to support Apple II and IBM PCs.
- 1984 Headquarters relocates to Shih-Lin, Taipei, Taiwan.
- 1986 The factory phases in Automated Test Equipment in production methodology, this is the first in switching power supply manufacturing in Taiwan.
- 1990 Second factory in Tao-Yuan, Taiwan begins operation.
- 1993 European office opens in The Netherlands.
- 1994 Dong Guan China I factory begins full operation.
- 1995 Sea Sonic develops an ATX power supply for the Pentium market.
- 1997 Dong Guan factory receives ISO9002 certification.
- 1998 The Dong Guan II factory begins full operation.Taiwan headquarters and Tao-Yuan factory receive ISO9001 certification.
- 1999 Headquarters relocates to present address at Neihu, Taipei.
- 2000 Dong Guan factory receives ISO 9001 certification. The first PSU maker to provide PC and IPC market cost-effective Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) solutions. Designs and applies S2FC (Smart & Silent Fan Control) towards PC and IPC products.
- 2002 USA office opens in California, USA. Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd. lists on Taiwan's Gre Tai Securities Market (OTC Stock Exchange).
- 2003 Launched retail products with own brand name and won awards and recommendation worldwide.
- 2004 Dedicated to develop green & silent power supplies with higher efficiency and higher power output.
- 2005 The USA office was renamed as Sea Sonic Electronics Inc., a 100% Sea Sonic owned subsidiary, to serve North and South America customers. The first PSU manufacturer to win the 80 Plus efficiency certification.
- 2006 Dong Guan factory receives ISO14001 certification. Began to mass produce RoHS & WEEE compliant products.
- 2008 European subsidiary opens in the Netherlands to serve the European market. Dong Guan Factory II begins full operation.
- 2009 Sea Sonic is first in the market to achieve 80 PLUS® Gold rating by introducing the "X" Series power supplies.
Active Power Supply Products
- Platinum Series: 1000W, 860W, 760W, 660W
- Platinum Fanless Series: 520W, 460W, 400W
- X Series: 1250W, 1050W, 850W, 750W, 650W
- G Series: 750W, 650W, 550W, 450W, 360W
- M12II Series: 850W, 750W, 650W, 620W, 520W
- S12II Series: 620W, 520W, 430W, 380W
- ECO Series: 600W, 500W, 400W
- ATX: 650RT, 550RT, 450RT, 350GT, 850HT, 750HT, 650HT, 600ET, 500ET, 400ET, 350ET, 300ET, 600ES, 500ES, 400ES, 350ES, 300E
- SFX: 350SFE, 300SFE, 300SFD
- TFX: 350TGW, 350TGM, 300TGW, 300TGM, 300TFX, 2500TFX
- Industrial 1U: 5200H1U, 500L1U, 400L1U, 4600H1U, 400H1U
- Industrial 2U: 600H2U, 500H2U, 460H2U, 400H2U, 500L2U, 400L2U
- Mini 1U: 350M1U, 300M1U, 250SU, 200SU
- Cooler Master
- Delta Electronics
- Lian Li
- PC Power & Cooling
- SilverStone Technology