|Location||460 Brielle Ave., Staten Island, New York|
|Area||98 acres (40 ha)|
|Architect||Almirall, Raymond F.; et.al.|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival, Tudor Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||05000992|
|Added to NRHP||September 7, 2005|
Seaview Hospital was a historic tuberculosis sanatorium, now a national historic district located at Willowbrook on Staten Island, New York. The complex was planned and built between 1905 and 1938 and was the largest and most costly municipal facility for the treatment of tuberculosis of its date in the United States.
The historic district encompasses 37 contributing buildings and one contributing site. The main buildings are located along a north-south axis along Brielle Avenue and many are in the Colonial Revival or Tudor Revival style. The north group of buildings include
- Administration Building (1913)
- Surgical Pavilion (1913)
- Nurses Residence (1913, addition 1932)
- Staff House (1913)
- Power House / Laundry and Ambulance Complex (1912, addition 1935)
- Kitchen and Dining Hall Group (1912)
- Women's Pavilions (1909-1911)
Sanatorium additions include
- Auditorium or "New Dining Hall" (1917, now known as Colony Hall)
- Group Building (1917)
- Men's and Women's Open Air Pavilions (1917)
Later buildings include the Catholic Chapel and Rectory (1928)
- City Mission Chapel or Chapel of St. Luke the Physician (1934)
- Pathology Lab (1927-1928)
- Children's Hospital (1935-1937)
- Sputum House (1911 / 1932)
- Richmond County Isolation Hospital (1928)
At the site of the former Seaview Hospital, today the Sea View Hospital Rehabilitation Center & Home operates a long term care facility.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Kathy Howe (June 2005). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Seaview Hospital". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2010-12-06. See also: "Accompanying 34 photos". and: "Additional documentation".
- Sea View Hospital Rehabilitation Center & Home
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seaview Hospital.|
|This article relating to a hospital in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a historic property or district in Staten Island, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Staten Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|