Ryall playing for the Olyroos in 2011
|Full name||Sebastian John Henry Ryall|
|Date of birth||18 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back / Right Back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Ryall played junior football for West Pymble Soccer Club in Sydney. Ryall later played for the AIS in the Victorian Premier League before signing for Melbourne Victory on a 2-year contract in August 2007.
He made his first appearance for the club in their round 3 match against Adelaide United and played in their Grand Final win over Adelaide in March 2009. In April 2009 he signed with Sydney FC for the 2009/2010 A-League campaign.
He re-signed with Sydney FC for a further 2 seasons, on 24 August 2010.
Ryall scored his first goal for Sydney FC with a dramatic equaliser in the 90th minute, against his former team Melbourne Victory. Ryall's strike came less than a minute after being brought on as a substitute.
Throughout 2007 and 2008 Ryall was the captain of the Australian U-20 side. Due to a suspension, Sebastian missed out on selection for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup due to his criminal charges, where which he would have been assured a spot in the team. After a lengthy absence from Australia's national teams, in September 2010 he was called up to the Australian under-23 side by coach Aurelio Vidmar for a Four Nations Tournament held in Vietnam.
Ryall was charged, on 15 May 2009, with engaging in a sexual act with a 13-year-old girl. The alleged incident happened in January 2008, while he was playing with Melbourne Victory. He was suspended from participation in football matches in Australia, until 3 September as well as being stood down from the national youth team by Football Federation Australia Chief Executive Officer Ben Buckley for bringing the game into disrepute. On Monday 25 January 2010, he was committed to stand trial on the case after his committal hearing at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court  On 15 May 2010, the Director of Public Prosecutions dropped the charges against Ryall  After a submission by Ryall's legal team that at the time of the alleged incident, he believed the girl to be over the legal age of 16  and that they were "just kissing" 
With Sydney FC:
With Melbourne Victory:
- "Victory sign young Socceroos captain". Sportal.com.au. 28 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- "Sebastian Ryall moves to Sydney FC". The Australian. 7 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Young gun Ryall re-signs with Sky Blues". Sydney FC. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "A-League star Sebastian Ryall 'had sex with 13-year-old'". Adelaide Now. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.[dead link]
- "Young Socceroo stood down over sex act with girl charge". smh.com.au. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Sydney FC recruit Sebastian Ryall stood down while he fights sex charge". The Australian. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.[dead link]
- "BREAKING NEWS: Sydney FC Player Sebastian Ryall In Child Sex Scandal". goal.com. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "A-League player faces child sex charges". abc.net.au. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Player suspended following under-age sex charge". USA Today. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Young Socceroo accused of sex with girl, 13". Sydney Morning Herald. 25 January 2010. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "Sex charges dropped against Ryall". ABC. 16 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- Kennedy, Les (16 May 2010). "Soccer star in the clear on under-age sex charge". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Player alleges 'the girl said she was 16'". AAP. 22 October 2009.