|Born||September 5, 1971|
|Occupation||CEO of AsiaInspection, French Foreign Trade Advisor|
|Awards||Best SME award 2006 from CCIFC|
Sébastien Breteau (born September 5, 1971, in Bordeaux, France), is a French entrepreneur. In 1997, he was the first to import tamagotchis from China to France. He founded AsiaInspection in 2002 and remains the CEO today.
He started his career in the Sagem group in Hong Kong developing his experience in the Asian supply chain. Following his graduation from HEC Paris in 1997 he founded SEBO in Hong Kong. Specialized in the conception and export of promotional products and packaging for French industrial groups, SEBO has opened offices in France, China, Bangladesh, the United Kingdom and Denmark.
In 2002, he founded AsiaInspection, a quality control service provider specialized in consumer goods for western SME’s producing in China. The company today has 650 employees offering product inspections, audits and lab testing services in 19 countries throughout Asia.
AsiaInspection received the Best SME award from Christine Lagarde, then Minister of Commerce and Industry of French Republic, on behalf of the French Chamber of Commerce in 2006 for the development of their proprietary quality control online platform. In 2006, he sold SEBO and he focused on the development of AsiaInspection.
In 2013, he founded the Breteau Foundation, which aims at promoting education for children in developing countries.
Sebastien Breteau is a recognized expert in outsourced manufacturing and the quality control services industry ( ·  ·  ·  ·  · ). The Wall Street Journal quoted Sebastien Breteau on the increase in demand for social audits following the Rana Plaza and other tragic accidents which caused massive loss of life in the manufacturing industry in Asia during 2012 and 2013.
- Founder of the Breteau Foundation. The Foundation aims at developing and curating the best education materials and tools to the highest number of grade 1 to 5 children in emerging countries. These contents are then localised and a distributed through local web platform in classrooms.
- French Foreign Trade Advisor in China
- Angel investor
- Sponsor of the Louvre museum
- Actualide - AsiaInspection, su director de calidad por un día N°156
- Interview de M. Sébastien Breteau, candidat Divers Droite
- , Avis d’expert 3 : Sébastien Breteau, AsiaInspection
- Hong Kong Echo (March 2011)
- Successful stories in China series, French Chamber
- Shanghai Business Review (October 2011)
- Press Release (October 28, 2006)
- ChinePLus October 2011
- Press Release - AsiaFoodInspection December 2011
- , France Ô - Sinosphère (April 3, 2011)
- TF1 News (July 13, 2010)
- , Envoyé Spécial (September 18, 2008)
- , l'avis d'un expert du contrôle qualite en chine
- , bourse.lci.fr
- Shanghai Business Review (October 2010)
- Wall Street Journal, January 2014
- Breteau Foundation site
- French Foreign Trade Advisors (CCE's) organization