Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli
|Second University of Naples|
|Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli|
|Rector||Prof. Francesco Rossi|
|Location||Caserta, Province of Caserta and Naples, Italy|
|Sports teams||CUS Caserta|
The Second University of Naples (Italian: Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli, SUN) is a university located in Caserta, in its province, and Naples (Italy).
It was founded in 1991 and is organized into departments and Specialist Schools.
The registered office is located in the city of Caserta.
Despite having Naples in its name and some facilities in that city, it mainly developed in the territory of the province of Caserta particularly, including Caserta itself, Aversa, Capua, Marcianise, Santa Maria Capua Vetere.
History and Profile
The Second University of Naples began was established on May 12, 1989 after a ruling by the Presidente of the Council of Ministers to downsize the "Federico II" University of Naples. Its first Academic Year started on 1 November 1992. The Medical School in Naples has ancient origins, in fact it's one of the two previous Schools of the University of Naples "Federico II" and the only department of the SUN in the historic centre of Naples (where there is the anatomy museum).
When branching away from the former University, the Second University of Naples began with only 6 offices dedicated to administrating its Medical School, and thus had to create central and peripheral offices.
The administration now has 600 employees with an Administrative Director of the entire University, an Administrative Director at the Medical Centre, six division managers, thirty-two specific offices dedicated to the university complex, seventeen office specific for the Medical Centre, twenty joint offices, besides and administration data processing centre and the "Jean Monnet" Specialist School in European Law and Economic Studies.
The university is divided into 10 departments:
- Architecture "Luigi Vanvitelli" (located in Aversa)
- Economics (Capua)
- Engineering (Aversa)
- Environmental Science (now "Pharmacological sciences for environment and health") (Caserta)
- Philosophy and Literature (Santa Maria Capua Vetere)
- Law (Santa Maria Capua Vetere)
- Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences (Caserta)
- Medicine and Surgery (Napoli; Caserta)
- Psychology (Caserta)
- Jean Monnet Specialist School in European Law and Economics Studies (Caserta)
- (Italian) Second University of Naples Website
- (English)(Italian) Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- (Italian) Museum of Anatomy (SUN)