Secretariat of the Pan-African Parliament
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
the African Union
In order to allow the Pan-African Parliament's functions to be carried out more smoothly and in a more streamlined fashion, it is assisted by a Secretariat.
The Secretariat is composed of:
- Two Deputy Cleks: one of the Deputy Clerks is Samuel Efoua Mbozo’o, the other is unannounced.
As head of the Secretariat, he is tasked with and has responsibility for the following duties:
- Organise the elections of the President and Vice-Presidents.
- Take minutes of all the proceedings of Parliament and the Permanent Committees.
- Authenticate the votes and proceedings of each sitting by signature.
- Is responsible to Parliament for accounting issues.
- Supervises the staff of the Secretariat.
- Manage the day to day administrative affairs of Parliament.