From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sector, sectoral, sectorally, or sectors in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sector may refer to:
- Sector, Devon, an area in the locality of Devon in south-western England
- Sector, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in Hampshire County, West Virginia, United States of America
- Sector, an international company
- Sector (Star Trek), a fictional area of space-designation used in the Star Trek universe for interstellar navigation
- Sector General, a series of books about an interstellar hospital in Space, written by James White
- Sector Admiral, a fictitious military rank in numerous science fiction sources
- Circular sector, also known as a "pie piece", the portion of a circle enclosed by two radii and an arc
- Spherical sector, portion of a sphere enclosed by a cone of radii from the center of the sphere
- Hyperbolic sector, is a region of the Cartesian plane bounded by rays from the origin to two points (a, 1/a) and (b, 1/b) and by the hyperbola xy = 1
Computing and electronics
- Cylinder-head-sector (or "CHS"), an early method for giving addresses to each physical block of data on a hard drive
- Disk sector, a physical subdivision of space on a computer disk-storage medium, specifically a subdivision of a "track"
- Convex polygonal segment of map-space used in portal rendering to facilitate calculation of the visibility of objects in a computer display
- Sector antenna, a type of directional microwave antenna used for cell phone base-station sites
- Sector (country subdivision), a name for a country subdivision
- Sector (economic), one of several subdivisions used for analysis and classification in an economic system
- Sector (instrument), also known as a "proportional compass" or "military compass", a calculating instrument consisting of two rulers (of equal length) joined by a hinge
- Sector instrument, a class of mass spectrometer that uses a static electric or magnetic sector or some combination of the two as a mass analyzer
- Sector lights, one of three areas relative to a shallow-water navigational channel
- United States Coast Guard Sectors, a shore-based operational unit of the United States Coast Guard
- "SECTOR", a United States nationwide radio network operated by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Three-dimensional zone within controlled airspace in which aircraft are under the control of a specific air traffic controller
- Sector No Limits is an Italian watch company
- Sector, an international organization.
- Zone (disambiguation)
- Region, most commonly a term used in terrestrial sciences and astrophysics
- Area, a quantity that expresses the extent of a two-dimensional surface or shape, or planar lamina, in the plane
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.